Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Water

Pro
Daps
My own company has had like 3 rounds of layoffs already. Im not sure how I wasn't let go yet since I joined during the pandemic but yeah its kinda killing my productivity especially knowing that its not performance based at least that's what they telling us.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

spotify will lay off 6%

In my experience, typically HR and marketing are first to cut. Then it's like non performing departments and sales people.
That magic 6% number again

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all these layoffs brings back memories of when I was laid off in 2016 at a startup, like 75% of the company got laid off. Came as a surprise and it was a shytty feeling of uncertainty and anger. I remember we had hired an engineering team and they started the same day and were lay off the same day.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
The stunt Google pulled with their employees last week is some of the foulest shyt I've seen since Goldman Sachs at the height of the '08 recession. You don't just layoff thousands of employees without any behind the scenes conversation and legal department consultation so for them people to wake up and suddenly just not be able to log in because they got fired was 100% planned and calculated.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
all these layoffs brings back memories of when I was laid off in 2016 at a startup, like 75% of the company got laid off. Came as a surprise and it was a shytty feeling of uncertainty and anger. I remember we had hired an engineering team and they started the same day and were lay off the same day.

54-E98-A07-6-BE1-42-CF-8-CF9-8-BDA3-E0-C2-C0-D.png

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The stunt Google pulled with their employees last week is some of the foulest shyt I've seen since Goldman Sachs at the height of the '08 recession. You don't just layoff thousands of employees without any behind the scenes conversation and legal department consultation so for them people to wake up and suddenly just not be able to log in because they got fired was 100% planned and calculated.

That is why the guillotine needs to be used against them again :birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn. Isn't that a management fukk up?
All that work put into the hiring process just went down the toilet.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Foul beyond belief