Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Thats crazy that abrams sold out her own people.. smh
I dont mind black governors or senators as long as they not pro immigration from Asia and latin america. I've noticed recently that the DNC is basically pushing black candidates in the south who are very pro immigration so that California and New york can offload their immigrant population. Why do you think HBCUs are now having scholarships for DACA recipients? They also diverted some of the HBCU funding towards HSI (hispanic serving institutions basically the latino version of HBCUs). Biden did that as soon as he became president.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I dont mind black governors or senators as long as they not pro immigration from Asia and latin america. I've noticed recently that the DNC is basically pushing black candidates in the south who are very pro immigration so that California and New york can offload their immigrant population. Why do you think HBCUs are now having scholarships for DACA recipients? They also diverted some of the HBCU funding towards HSI (hispanic serving institutions basically the latino version of HBCUs). Biden did that as soon as he became president.

I seen shyt ton of Latinos in SWAC bands lmfaooooo

I`m not mad at em, I`m just like black folks stupid if they don't understand DNC blacks = face cards for shyt they aint got nothing to do with us for the most part.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Investors are jerks. They're the reason why the Fed kept hiking rates. Bad news has become good news and they keep fighting the Fed. Now we have companies cutting staff to look more attractive to investors. As long as stock rises after cuts more companies will cut.

You saw the DOW was up after them cuts.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
My homegirl got laid off from Google... but she was taking a mental health leave anyway.

My wife's friend was super stressed out about the Amazon layoffs.

Maybe I'm too cynical but beyond the ego hit of getting laid off, most of these people will be just fine. My homegirl at Google wasn't even trippin. I told her that the people who will be most affected are the ones that make working at Google their whole identity. I went to a Google event in Atlanta and those were the most uptight, pretentious nikkas I had seen in some time. My boy was like, "That's most black people in tech."

TBH it's mostly the Indians who tie their identity to their company. I do hope those people do some soul searching and realize there's more to life than working for a particular company. If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My homegirl got laid off from Google... but she was taking a mental health leave anyway.

My wife's friend was super stressed out about the Amazon layoffs.

Maybe I'm too cynical but beyond the ego hit of getting laid off, most of these people will be just fine. My homegirl at Google wasn't even trippin. I told her that the people who will be most affected are the ones that make working at Google their whole identity. I went to a Google event in Atlanta and those were the most uptight, pretentious nikkas I had seen in some time. My boy was like, "That's most black people in tech."

TBH it's mostly the Indians who tie their identity to their company. I do hope those people do some soul searching and realize there's more to life than working for a particular company. If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what it.

People getting laid off while on sick leave :picard:

coldcall

All Star
Daps
I know 3 different people that got laid off in the past week. One from Microsoft, Google and Equifax.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Are these actual tech people being layed off or is it a bunch of clerical workers/support/?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Are these actual tech people being layed off or is it a bunch of clerical workers/support/?

Everyone got hit. software engineers, recruiters, solutions architect, product managers, PMs , ux designers, cyber security etc. etc. lots of people got hit base on what I am seeing on linkedin etc. etc. It can easily happen to anyone working in tech.

It is not just those big tech companies, those are just the knowns so it makes headlines.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
That's because there is a shortage of us(I'm an Electrician). There is a massive massive surplus of people in tech trying to get a job.

If there were more of us there might be layoffs more often.

Reality is tech industry is bloated and somewhat overpaid and it's about to come back to where they feel it should be.

Most of the bloat doesn't seem to be from actual SWE. It's in sales and administration. Tech salaries wouldn't be so high if there was a higher supply of tech workers than demand.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
I've been tracking the Capital One Agile Job Family layoff.

1100 people if I am not mistaken.

The blowback has been interesting.

I work in the Agile space as an employee and as a business owner so I'm watching for opportunities to make something out of the learning.