Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it mainly non technical IT jobs that are getting cut or what? Large companies or all around?

Hearing things happen like this so often in the IT space makes it frustrating to hear. Seems like IT jobs aren’t as secure as people expect them to be.
It's not going to stop just at tech companies. Tech jobs are just always first when it comes to layoffs.

tay1

All Star
Daps
Not only are they not secure but you’re constantly having to obtain new certificates, to be as marketable as possible. Some people get it. Some dont. This ain’t the way to live.
IT is just not appreciated. The fact that tech workers usually go first is wild. Seems like it’s a cycle that goes like:

1. They start firing
2. Things start to break
3. They bring people in to fix the problems
4. Cycle repeats

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
yeah folks don't understand Big Tech is the ELITE of the ELITE. TECH in general has a shortage of workers, and Big Tech employees aren't trying to 'downgrade' and work for Non Tech companies who don't even give bonuses let alone RSUs
Right theres a difference between big tech and regular tech.

big tech turnover rate is high.

for example i work in tech but in insurance. They cant afford big tech talent bc they dont pay enough even tho they pay 6 fig too.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Not only are they not secure but you’re constantly having to obtain new certificates, to be as marketable as possible. Some people get it. Some dont. This ain’t the way to live.
That is why you get a premium. Tech is always changing. It's constant learning.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Investors are jerks. They're the reason why the Fed kept hiking rates. Bad news has become good news and they keep fighting the Fed. Now we have companies cutting staff to look more attractive to investors. As long as stock rises after cuts more companies will cut.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
IT dept. at my job just got let go in DEC. Now we gotta speak to a bunch of outsourced contractors that i can barely understand for our basic tech support needs. We used to have somewhat personable people we could just go upstairs and speak to. Now i gotta call over to India and talk to Nap's rude ass cousins :camby:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IT dept. at my job just got let go in DEC. Now we gotta speak to a bunch of outsourced contractors that i can barely understand for our basic tech support needs. We used to have somewhat personable people we could just go upstairs and speak to. Now i gotta call over to India and talk to Nap's rude ass cousins :camby:

It's amazing to me how companies do stupid shyt like this.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Because now they’re paying an IT dept in Jersey Mike sandwiches and getting “adequate” solutions in return. I’m surprised any American has a call center job at all anymore because of the same effect.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Because now they’re paying an IT dept in Kersey Mile sandwiches and getting “adequate” solutions in return. I’m surprised any American has a call center job at all anymore because of the same effect.
Call centers pretty much folks looking up knowledge base articles lol.

That said Covid proved you shouldn't blindly outsource your workforce and production all away

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Call centers pretty much folks looking up knowledge base articles lol.

That said Covid proved you shouldn't blindly outsource your workforce and production all away
Oh under no circumstance am I saying it was a good idea, it’s just obv a cost cutting move.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm currently a computer engineer major looking to get into working with radars or weapons systems for thr DOD. Any advice ? I don't really want to be a SWE, but I've won a few havkathons. I know python , C++, assembly and C. I'm in San jose to it's been hard as hell to get an internship here. I got two years left....
@Originalman

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:laugh: