Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Phone blowing up these last couple days after I been telling people for months industries are grinding to a halt. Real estate is already done, I was liquidating assets late last year to this summer and telling any and everybody to GET OUT.. Now they like they need to sell ASAP, bruhhhhh..

Its gonna be a blood bath, I cant believe how short people memories are, if you were a kid in 2009 or so, I get it I guess but the history is very recent and information is freely available.. People I know from Appraisers, inspectors, Mortgage brokers, title agents, realtors, all saying business grinding to a fukking halt.. Them prices gonna come down and the next shoe to drop gonna be jobs, the feds feel like people have too much money and they want to get inflation under control.. They gonna put everyone on they ass one way or another.. Get liquid and skill up for next wave.. Oh and best believe you gonna get a TON of "hey big head" text talking about they a soft girl now

People not ready for the next 12-24 months of pain..
What about the retail, service, restaurant industries?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
What about the retail, service, restaurant industries?
Im not too familiar with retail, dont have a background in that or many contacts, so I would just be speaking on whats in news and making assumptions. I do know about hospitality and restaurants but mostly local to south florida as I was in that arena back in day and still keep alot of contacts. After covid ALOT of people didnt go back and even the high end spots where servers make close to 100k didnt go back. Im talking Prime, Setai, Fountainbleu type level so they started doing things they never do and hiring anybody, service noticeably went down drain, LOTS of complaints of servers not being on point and if someone is paying a premium for a steak or night out, the service has to be there.

I know clubs were already hurting (thats why alot of promoters were pivoting to themed/entertainment style restaurants) but after its been even worse. There was ALOT of money flooding the streets so they were eating from Crypto, mortgage brokers, scammers, etc. but all 3 dried up. Strip clubs down BAD, have had multiple bartenders txt, call since LAST spring/summer looking for legit gigs, that NEVER happens (told them take they ass to beach cuz its money there and thats their skillset).. There was a big boat show in ft lauderdale last month, money was made but attendance was down, so affects definitely being felt and seen across the board from extreme high end to the streets.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Im not too familiar with retail, dont have a background in that or many contacts, so I would just be speaking on whats in news and making assumptions. I do know about hospitality and restaurants but mostly local to south florida as I was in that arena back in day and still keep alot of contacts. After covid ALOT of people didnt go back and even the high end spots where servers make close to 100k didnt go back. Im talking Prime, Setai, Fountainbleu type level so they started doing things they never do and hiring anybody, service noticeably went down drain, LOTS of complaints of servers not being on point and if someone is paying a premium for a steak or night out, the service has to be there.

I know clubs were already hurting (thats why alot of promoters were pivoting to themed/entertainment style restaurants) but after its been even worse. There was ALOT of money flooding the streets so they were eating from Crypto, mortgage brokers, scammers, etc. but all 3 dried up. Strip clubs down BAD, have had multiple bartenders txt, call since LAST spring/summer looking for legit gigs, that NEVER happens (told them take they ass to beach cuz its money there and thats their skillset).. There was a big boat show in ft lauderdale last month, money was made but attendance was down, so affects definitely being felt and seen across the board from extreme high end to the streets.
Definitely must be local because the hospitality and service industry is still understaffed and looking to hire all the time. That sector is still pretty strong when it comes to available jobs.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Alot of these talented folks that got laid off are gonna end up at startups that have both a need and capital runway.

Or they'll pivot into other functions/disciplines.

Recruiters really should look into HR generalists or even Total Rewards. less cyclical and always a need.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Alot of these talented folks that got laid off are gonna end up at startups that have both a need and capital runway.

Or they'll pivot into other functions/disciplines.

Recruiters really should look into HR generalists or even Total Rewards. less cyclical and always a need.
lol said startups are running out of cash and most astute investors are not injecting more

they dont wanna dilute the shareholders so they wont issue equity at trash valuations
they are not profitable enough or sticky enough (unless theyre enterprise B2B software companies) to warrant debt investments

itll be a vortex....a slippery slope

in times like this, sales & marketing, and administrative staff are the first to get cut in tech