Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes you say this? I've dealt with TA folks as strategic partner for work and as a candidate, and good recruiters are worth their weight in gold.

In the tech labor market, the candidate experience is half the battle. TA is directly responsible for that
Then I’m misinformed as a candidate. My background is in ERP/CRM consulting + project management.

My comment was based on not seeing the value given their inflated salaries.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I work closely with Microsoft in my current role. I was told that they sort of ‘pile on’ when the market allows this type of layoff and will go for people at a certain level who aren’t managers, underperformers and weak business areas.

Sounds like it was lots of Bing, IoT and Marketing on this batch.

I also work closely with Salesforce. Apparently it’s chaos in the EMEA offices and people still don’t know if they are affected shyt.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I work closely with Microsoft in my current role. I was told that they sort of ‘pile on’ when the market allows this type of layoff and will go for people at a certain level who aren’t managers, underperformers and weak business areas.

Sounds like it was lots of Bing, IoT and Marketing on this batch.

I also work closely with Salesforce. Apparently it’s chaos in the EMEA offices and people still don’t know if they are affected shyt.
I think for EMEA in oarticular Europe there are certain guidelines where you cant do swift layoffs thats why some companies are saying they will be on going for the Quarter.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
I think for EMEA in oarticular Europe there are certain guidelines where you cant do swift layoffs thats why some companies are saying they will be on going for the Quarter.
That’s exactly right. Each country has slightly different labor laws…..but imagine waiting weeks to know if your jobs gone or not. Gotta be nerve wracking.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
Everyone cutting about the same % which to me sounds like covid bloat + forecast on how much less companies (the customers of big tech) will be spending
I know that my company had a growth projection that they now can’t hit. So even though we have Quarter over Quarter growth still, it’s not as high as we projected so they cut to map to the ‘actual’ growth they think they can do.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That’s exactly right. Each country has slightly different labor laws…..but imagine waiting weeks to know if your jobs gone or not. Gotta be nerve wracking.
Exactly and no amount of MBA program motivational emails will boost morale either. The only edge companies have is people are stuck cause normally when shyt seems iffy folks start looking elsewhere

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The price of Capitalism. :yeshrug: The new age American version relies upon nearly UNENDING GROWTH (in profits).......INDEFINITELY for increased stockholder value or people will lose their jobs (and health insurance). Well, even if it was possible to maintain unlimited, indefinite growth, a lot of that comes from job cuts anyway.

People don't understand how fragile of a system this is and YOUR ABILITY TO GET MEDICAL CARE IS ANCHORED TO IT~! There were thousands of healthcare workers laid off during a pandemic and now tens of thousands of tech workers laid off in an employment environment seemingly tailor made for them.

And many of these jobs will never come back. We're living in the WOAT timeline. :wow:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I wonder what criteria these companies will use for these lay offs.
Usually the divisions that were pegged for growth in 2021 & 2022 are the ones on the chopping block.

Also, recruiters and HR folks dedicated to those specific divisions.

The raw numbers for Google is huge, but its a small number percentage wise.