Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, it was short lived but I'd do it all over again knowing the outcome would be the same.

In 2020, I worked for a utility company and did maybe 20 hours of real work a week. Making like $120k

In 2022, I worked 50-60 hrs a week, but I paid $120k in taxes. Sign me up for that, even if it means getting laid off every 15 months. :ohlawd:

What was the lifestyle change like for you? Working 20 hours for $120k is a pretty good gig. I was in a similar spot with my previous company but it was stagnating my career. Now I work more and make a lot more but I kinda wish I had my free time back.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Looking like stores, devices and recruitment and HR.

Recruiters bring hit mostly per the video below.

Looks like I really dodged a serious bullet :whew:

I had an offer on the table from Amazon and was looking into Microsoft and Disney but glad I didn’t press too hard. All 3 obliterated their HR functions for recruitment. Amex was hiring too but I didn’t go after that open position either.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looks like I really dodged a serious bullet :whew:

I had an offer on the table from Amazon and was looking into Microsoft and Disney but glad I didn’t press too hard. All 3 obliterated their HR functions for recruitment. Amex was hiring too but I didn’t go after that open position either.
HR and recruiting taking massive hits.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching Microsoft closely as I am in a 100% Microsoft boutique firm. Hopefully the work we have in backlog is enough to keep us going.

Will learn more during All Hands today. I should be good though.
recruiters in tech would be wise to look at other industries for the time being.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
recruiters in tech would be wise to look at other industries for the time being.

I’m not in HR. We are a Microsoft services shop. Honestly it looks like these layoffs are impacting Big Tech. Seems like there is Amit of demand for tech in general.