Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed that. It's like senior cybersec position are not paying like they use to at companies you would expect very high salaries from
Companies are no longer afraid of the fines or reputational damage from a breach. Most never wanted to pay a premium for anything cyber related anyway. That's why so many cybersecurity jobs are being shipped overseas to the lowest bidder.

Their vision is to use a combination of AI and cheap outsourced labor to handle cybersecurity. And occasionally bring in high priced contractors for anything else.

morris

Superstar
Daps
We're making the switch from Oracle E-Business Suite (Oracle's old on-premise ERP) to SAP
.....laying off at least 60 individuals to use an implementation partner to implement + support SAP
Are you in Supply Chain? Seems like a lot of clients are always moving from one ERP to another; you guys must be growing/expanding to go from On Prem to Cloud services
:martin:
I ain't taking no damn pay cut.

Yet, some of these companies report record-setting profits

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you in Supply Chain? Seems like a lot of clients are always moving from one ERP to another; you guys must be growing/expanding to go from On Prem to Cloud services

Yet, some of these companies report record-setting profits
I used to be up until 2021 (made the pivot to Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, CPQ)

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got hit up for my second role.
Just got off the phone with the recruiter.
Absolutely fukking BONKERS compensation:
$280k :damn:

Nearly double what I would've gotten sticking to a traditional Engineering role for a
senior title (I was contacted recently for one and the range for that was $100k to $200k
with my expected compensation falling in the middle at $140k-$150k)

Only problem is it's on the East Coast.
I'd have to leave LA and then I'd have to find a cheap rent in a HCOL area.

At the same time, that level of comp means home ownership and accelerating my investments.

I'll be working on my resume and applying today.
An Update:
It was related/is related to my background:
Aerospace/Aeronautics, unfortunately, I don't think I'll get it.

If anyone on here works in that area, Amazon's Project Kuiper has way, WAY better compensation than you could expect
to get from Space X/JPL/Rocket lab etc.
Just ridiculous money but I hear the WLB is terible.
There's also Amazon Robotics, a TPM III Role has R I D I C U L O U S comp.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

This bill expands various labor protections related to employees' rights to organize and collectively bargain in the workplace.

Among other things, it (1) revises the definitions of employee, supervisor, and employer to broaden the scope of individuals covered by the fair labor standards; (2) permits labor organizations to encourage participation of union members in strikes initiated by employees represented by a different labor organization (i.e., secondary strikes); and (3) prohibits employers from bringing claims against unions that conduct such secondary strikes.

The bill also allows collective bargaining agreements to require all employees represented by the bargaining unit to contribute fees to the labor organization for the cost of such representation, notwithstanding a state law to the contrary; and expands unfair labor practices to include prohibitions against replacement of, or discrimination against, workers who participate in strikes.

The bill makes it an unfair labor practice to require or coerce employees to attend employer meetings designed to discourage union membership and prohibits employers from entering into agreements with employees under which employees waive the right to pursue or a join collective or class-action litigation.

The bill further prohibits employers from taking adverse actions against an employee, including employees with management responsibilities, in response to that employee participating in protected activities related to the enforcement of the prohibitions against unfair labor practices (i.e., whistleblower protections). Such protected activities include

• providing information about a potential violation to an enforcement agency,
  • participating in an enforcement proceeding,
  • initiating a proceeding concerning an alleged violation or assisting in such a proceeding, or
  • refusing to participate in an activity the employee reasonably believes is a violation of labor laws.
Finally, the bill addresses the procedures for union representation elections, provides employees with the ability to vote in such elections remotely by telephone or the internet, modifies the protections against unfair labor practices that result in serious economic harm, and establishes penalties and permits injunctive relief against entities that fail to comply with National Labor Relations Board orders.

How does any non-CEO find this bad? Need those unions all in this field. Now you know why Elon and them probably hate her.