Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is that this was a third party vendor pushing what looks like a routine update. I'm sure there is a way to stage/stagger these updates so that there is a way to test them prior to a mass deployment but when it comes to security tools and products, they typically want you on the latest and greatest. I don't know much about Crowdstrike but I've seen issues in my environment from similar updates. No where near the massive scale of this but we have seen applications be taken down because of a bad update. I do imagine that once this is all over, many processes will be created or changed to prevent something on this scale from happening again.
You can't stagger channel file updates from Crowdstrike. I have zero faith in Crowdstrike unless they turnover upper management. Most cybersecurity companies sell trash products held together with duct tape and string.

Sad pandering and complete lack of understanding of the situation. The issue is there is no need for h1bs at the rate they are hiring anymore. The tech talent is available here and companies need to use that up before they look overseas. If they hired only here there would still be a shortage of tech workers to fill positions. Entry level workers would definitely have jobs. Then a lot of the international talent comes here works for a few years and goes back and spends their earnings uplifting the economies of their home countries. It's a bad look.
Indian voters are not even a big enough group to pander to in this way.
It's not about what Indian voters want from Congress. But what American companies want for all those political contributions to Congress. They want to sell India weapons and they want access to cheap labor. India really only exports labor not much else. US Politicians will happily do whatever Corporations ask them.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sad pandering and complete lack of understanding of the situation. The issue is there is no need for h1bs at the rate they are hiring anymore. The tech talent is available here and companies need to use that up before they look overseas. If they hired only here there would still be a shortage of tech workers to fill positions. Entry level workers would definitely have jobs. Then a lot of the international talent comes here works for a few years and goes back and spends their earnings uplifting the economies of their home countries. It's a bad look.
Indian voters are not even a big enough group to pander to in this way.

cheap labor and tax base.

this is the one area where she could fukk up bigly.

she will drive down the wages

The problem is for Republicans is that they are getting some Indian money and influence and because its cash, they want to keep it rolling in.

When in reality, this would be an excellent pivot strategy to alienate tech for Harris.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli::beli::beli:

Ayo, if you get an interview, they say they will reach out in such and such days, don't be afraid to reach back out. I had two weeks of radio silence from a company over a position that will change my mf life (In terms of career trajectory and quality of life via Hybrid work).

I sent an email late this morning to follow up about a 2nd round interview and got a response within a few hours with an invite.
Stay on yo shyt, brehs, cause I was mentally on that "It's aiight, I didn't get this one" time. Thats not to say I will get it, but a lot of things happen between applying and getting an offer that you don't know about. Naturally working IT, I see all the fukkery that happens between that posting being answered and the random things that can hold up (boss meddling) or completely stop (budget "running dry" suddenly) that will complicate things.

If you applied to something that you think is the ultimate come up AND your interview/s went well, stay on they ass. Until you get a no, it's a yes. No :takedat:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Crazy part is I don't think the economy will be a major focus of the election, maybe inflation but not jobs
According to the reports unemployment is low and the stock market ( the economy that matters) is booming
I put my linkedin on "open to work" and have been getting 3rd party recruiters looking for big banks but none of the Amazon, MSFT, Pinterest type companies I was hearing from during the pandemic are holla'ing yet

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Crazy part is I don't think the economy will be a major focus of the election, maybe inflation but not jobs
According to the reports unemployment is low and the stock market ( the economy that matters) is booming
I put my linkedin on "open to work" and have been getting 3rd party recruiters looking for big banks but none of the Amazon, MSFT, Pinterest type companies I was hearing from during the pandemic are holla'ing yet
“Unemployment is its lowest ever” :duck:

“The Economy is doing great” :duck:

Books being cooked nasty AF :scust:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recruiters been calling me like crazy today and this week economy must be improving
Until you tell the Recruiter your asking price. And they realize they can't low-ball you.
jordan-michael-jordan.gif

:pachaha:
Had this one female recruiter pissed at my asking price. Had the nerve to ask me was my figure in total compensation?
:umad:
No bytch. That's base salary.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:beli::beli::beli:

Ayo, if you get an interview, they say they will reach out in such and such days, don't be afraid to reach back out. I had two weeks of radio silence from a company over a position that will change my mf life (In terms of career trajectory and quality of life via Hybrid work).

I sent an email late this morning to follow up about a 2nd round interview and got a response within a few hours with an invite.
Stay on yo shyt, brehs, cause I was mentally on that "It's aiight, I didn't get this one" time. Thats not to say I will get it, but a lot of things happen between applying and getting an offer that you don't know about. Naturally working IT, I see all the fukkery that happens between that posting being answered and the random things that can hold up (boss meddling) or completely stop (budget "running dry" suddenly) that will complicate things.

If you applied to something that you think is the ultimate come up AND your interview/s went well, stay on they ass. Until you get a no, it's a yes. No :takedat:
had the same shyt happen for a job i was literally perfect for. only when i reached out they said they "went in a diff direction"
Couple days later the same team at the company posted a job for a lower level position.

wouldnt be surprised if they just promoted internally or some bullshyt

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
had the same shyt happen for a job i was literally perfect for. only when i reached out they said they "went in a diff direction"
Couple days later the same team at the company posted a job for a lower level position.

wouldnt be surprised if they just promoted internally or some bullshyt
:hubie: Networking is everything.

If you know you know.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had 2 recruiter calls today. One job seemed like it sucked; the other one is hybrid and sounded pretty good.

From my end, the market sucks. Salaries aren't as high as they should be and I'm not seeing the good roles out there.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:hubie: Networking is everything.

If you know you know.
i mighta fukked up for that one. i knew somebody who knew the hiring manager and offered to introduce us
however i thought i did so well during the first round and that there were many to go ...so i wanted to use that connection at a later stage to give that final pop