Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is true and outside of just being an unmotivated dummy, the barrier to that first gig is what fukks a lot of folks out of getting into the career they really want to. Get 200 rejections...work them shifts at the restaurant...eventually they let you bartend and the money is ok enough that you kinda just stick with it. Getting that first tech job is a job and not everyone will be lucky.

My first break came due to an A+ and being the most polished applicant. I know this because my boss told me after 6 or so months that it was between me and a cat that he could see really needed a job but I was malleable and already knew what I was doing before stepping in the doors. It really is a tossup between persistence and luck.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
After Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mass exodus. Laying people off and then to have an event like Friday, companies about to burn out so many techs.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy bro me and a FEW yeah a FEW of my coworkers got laid off today. Like more than half the office.

shyt crazy out here but I think it was my company making bad investments and now they chopping shyt down.

Sorry to hear, I'm hoping you got a solid severance and a better opportunity for your next gig

Was the executive who sponsored or signed off on the bad investments also laid off?

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Sorry to hear, I'm hoping you got a solid severance and a better opportunity for your next gig

Was the executive who sponsored or signed off on the bad investments also laid off?
Man thanks. I hope I can get something in a month or two.

But they made the bad deal before quitting. So they faced no real consequences.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor-7-27.gif

Make sure you have a 6 months Emergency fund cause things are only gonna get worse.

Shocked, Devastated, Stuck: Cybersecurity Pros Open Up About Their Layoffs

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
tenor-7-27.gif

Make sure you have a 6 months Emergency fund cause things are only gonna get worse.

Shocked, Devastated, Stuck: Cybersecurity Pros Open Up About Their Layoffs
Yep. Average unempoyment is 5 ish months.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
After Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mass exodus. Laying people off and then to have an event like Friday, companies about to burn out so many techs.
Bet I’ve been on a few calls where team members were reassuring stakeholders that we would never push garbage to production like that.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Bet I’ve been on a few calls where team members were reassuring stakeholders that we would never push garbage to production like that.
The problem is that this was a third party vendor pushing what looks like a routine update. I'm sure there is a way to stage/stagger these updates so that there is a way to test them prior to a mass deployment but when it comes to security tools and products, they typically want you on the latest and greatest. I don't know much about Crowdstrike but I've seen issues in my environment from similar updates. No where near the massive scale of this but we have seen applications be taken down because of a bad update. I do imagine that once this is all over, many processes will be created or changed to prevent something on this scale from happening again.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Crazy bro me and a FEW yeah a FEW of my coworkers got laid off today. Like more than half the office.

shyt crazy out here but I think it was my company making bad investments and now they chopping shyt down.

Yo man… straight up…

I’m so sorry to hear that

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Sad pandering and complete lack of understanding of the situation. The issue is there is no need for h1bs at the rate they are hiring anymore. The tech talent is available here and companies need to use that up before they look overseas. If they hired only here there would still be a shortage of tech workers to fill positions. Entry level workers would definitely have jobs. Then a lot of the international talent comes here works for a few years and goes back and spends their earnings uplifting the economies of their home countries. It's a bad look.
Indian voters are not even a big enough group to pander to in this way.