Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
This might be the realest shyt I've seen posted in this thread. We've all experienced it. The person that is completely useless but they self-promote themselves to the higher ups and end up getting promoted because the higher ups know no better.
I’ve done this first hand to get further. I wasn’t the strongest or most apt but I was easily the most visible to make sure I had security.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
VP still out here pushing RTO as a good thing because he really really believes and oh, won't you believe it too? :unimpressed:Talmbout smaller budgets but don't want to let these bunk ass corporate real estate leases go :unimpressed: .

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
VP still out here pushing RTO as a good thing because he really really believes and oh, won't you believe it too? :unimpressed:Talmbout smaller budgets but don't want to let these bunk ass corporate real estate leases go :unimpressed: .

It’s not that they don’t….they can’t.

These leases be 20, 30 years. That’s really what’s behind RTO.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Short term gain, long term loss though. Hiring managers def want to see at minimum 2 years in each spot. 1 year or less and that resume gets tossed in the garbage.

No it don't. Hiring managers want to know you can do the job.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It’s not that they don’t….they can’t.

These leases be 20, 30 years. That’s really what’s behind RTO.
My company owns a lot of its office space so I side eye this explanation from them. But even if it's leased, surely less people means less utility usage and therefore cost?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Who the hell is hiring? Being unemployed is getting old.
I'm in Houston and this shyt is a wasteland rn. Barely any new jobs going up. Talked to my recruiter and he was saying here a lot of companies are on eggshells until after the election, Add that in with the layoffs/AI takeover and its more ridiculous than ever :francis:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
My company owns a lot of its office space so I side eye this explanation from them. But even if it's leased, surely less people means less utility usage and therefore cost?
Same concept. They got a mortgage to pay.

And yea it’s less utility costs but the net benefit to the company is greater with people in the office.

You got me sounding like I support RTO lol, which I don’t.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Dodges bullets, its time to put a end to temporary foreign workers and halt on immigration numbers. Put citizens first for one, all these dudes want to do is lower wages and have us fighting for meager money because inderjit will work for half of what we will.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dodges bullets, its time to put a end to temporary foreign workers and halt on immigration numbers. Put citizens first for one, all these dudes want to do is lower wages and have us fighting for meager money because inderjit will work for half of what we will.

hearing accounting in canada is pretty rough right now. too many people, not enough jobs