Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

It's fukked up to say but that's why I don't take some people seriously when they complain about not being able to find a job. A LOT of people don't know how to interview or they come in demanding as hell. When I was the hiring manager doing interviews we would have candidates that we thought based off resume would be great fits. Then in the interview they were already telling us what they would and would not do. Others that have shytty resumes. Some that are applying for positions they have no business applying for (shoot your shot but eventually be realistic).

And people are stubborn. Instead of taking honest advice they'll just whine about nobody hiring them. The job market can be a bytch no doubt but some just love playing victim instead of taking proper steps to find out why they aren't getting hired.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
It's fukked up to say but that's why I don't take some people seriously when they complain about not being able to find a job. A LOT of people don't know how to interview or they come in demanding as hell. When I was the hiring manager doing interviews we would have candidates that we thought based off resume would be great fits. Then in the interview they were already telling us what they would and would not do. Others that have shytty resumes. Some that are applying for positions they have no business applying for (shoot your shot but eventually be realistic).

And people are stubborn. Instead of taking honest advice they'll just whine about nobody hiring them. The job market can be a bytch no doubt but some just love playing victim instead of taking proper steps to find out why they aren't getting hired.
You don’t have a recruiter filtering all that bullshyt for you? :heh:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
You don’t have a recruiter filtering all that bullshyt for you? :heh:
At the time we were a really small company. I was the 10th or 11th employee. By the time I became manager we around 20 deep. At that point we started growing rapidly. So me and my assistant manager were the filters. We read all the resumes and then would set aside hours that we'd pass to the receptionist to schedule the interviews. I used to HATE that shyt. We were in a smaller city so the resume volume wasn't insane. The worst part was the interviews. Some people would fukk the interview up in the first minute or two. My assistant manager would still try to go through all the questions. I was a workaholic and wanted to get back to my main job duties so I'd cut short as hell once I realized we wouldn't be hiring the candidate.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Have you tried getting a job in the past year or so?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Have you tried getting a job in the past year or so?
Yes I threw out a couple resumes to test the market about 6-9 months back. I'd say I threw out around 15 resumes and got 3 interviews. With two of the companies the interviews went well but my salary demands were too high. For the third one they rejected me because they wanted someone with more direct industry experience.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yes I threw out a couple resumes to test the market about 6-9 months back. I'd say I threw out around 15 resumes and got 3 interviews. With two of the companies the interviews went well but my salary demands were too high. For the third one they rejected me because they wanted someone with more direct industry experience.
Gotcha

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
And don't get me wrong, I know the job market is a bytch right now especially in the tech world and even moreso for people seeking remote work. All I'm saying is that some people disqualify themselves from jump by not putting work into the job search. I'll customize my resume for the job I'm applying for adding more focus on my job duties that match up to the job I'm applying for. I make sure to have the hot industry buzzwords in the resume. Once I get an interview I'll research the company. There is too much competition out there to not try and get a leg up in anyway you can. If someone has sent a bunch of resumes and not getting any hits back then they should seek a professional to review their resume to see if there is something wrong with it or if there are ways to improve it. Instead people will just keep sending the exact same resume out expecting different results.

voiture

Superstar
Daps