Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most will be rehired with at a lower rate. They did the same at twitter.
Most companies these days seem to be fine with a revolving door of employees. They can hire or rehire on a whim. .That's why I never listened to people who discouraged job hopping. Because those are the people having the hardest time finding work. Because they lack a ton of experience having only worked at 1 or 2 companies.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
At the time we were a really small company. I was the 10th or 11th employee. By the time I became manager we around 20 deep. At that point we started growing rapidly. So me and my assistant manager were the filters. We read all the resumes and then would set aside hours that we'd pass to the receptionist to schedule the interviews. I used to HATE that shyt. We were in a smaller city so the resume volume wasn't insane. The worst part was the interviews. Some people would fukk the interview up in the first minute or two. My assistant manager would still try to go through all the questions. I was a workaholic and wanted to get back to my main job duties so I'd cut short as hell once I realized we wouldn't be hiring the candidate.
DM me if/when you need some help.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Most companies these days seem to be fine with a revolving door of employees. They can hire or rehire on a whim. .That's why I never listened to people who discouraged job hopping. Because those are the people having the hardest time finding work. Because they lack a ton of experience having only worked at 1 or 2 companies.
Job hopping is the quickest way to get a raise anyway

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Short term gain, long term loss though. Hiring managers def want to see at minimum 2 years in each spot. 1 year or less and that resume gets tossed in the garbage.
This entirely depends on the job field and current job market. You think experienced AI experts are being hassled about job hopping?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
This entirely depends on the job field and current job market. You think experienced AI experts are being hassled about job hopping?
AI is new, and yes it’s def job/skill dependent. That said, there are ALWAYS multiple “you’s” out there looking with better/broader skills. If/when I hunt for a new role I position myself as an alternative candidate that aims more at culture fit than skill sets since most of us bring absolutely nothing “unique” to the table. There’s a million coders/ba’s/pm’s out there using the exact same tools (or better) than us, but they might be lame which is why they usually get passed on :mjlol:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\

So funny that there are all these articles out here about building a good resume, using STAR method, resume workshops...but at the end of the day these recruiters don't even read the bullets.:skip:

Spence

Superstar
Daps

So funny that there are all these articles out here about building a good resume, using STAR method, resume workshops...but at the end of the day these recruiters don't even read the bullets.:skip:

He did this test with two Asian bytches that can’t even see? :mjlol:

He needs to do better and get more of a diverse sample size.