Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Water

Pro
Daps
I wish I was still in tech to help throw you brehs some leads, but fk that volatile ass industry
What industry did you move to? :lupe: I'm looking for a way out myself once my student loan paid off

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
That Indian nepotism is something serious. I got a friend in ATL who said that it happens there too. Not surprising since Georgia Tech is right there.
In a weird sorta way, I respect it. They get in and bring in their friends, family and referrals.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Any sort of severance?

It crossed the WARN act threshold so I get 60 days to be redeployed to another area in the company or I'm RIFed. Bosses said we can use that time to job hunt, resume prep, etc and not do any work. My manager said I don't even need to come into the office anymore.

Severance is supposed to be 2 or 3 weeks + a week for every year of service. I've only been at this job a year so I won't get much

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It crossed the WARN act threshold so I get 60 days to be redeployed to another area in the company or I'm RIFed. Bosses said we can use that time to job hunt, resume prep, etc and not do any work. My manager said I don't even need to come into the office anymore.

Severance is supposed to be 2 or 3 weeks + a week for every year of service. I've only been at this job a year so I won't get much
That's exactly how they handled it as my job when they did layoffs last year. Terminated their employment and gave them 60 days pay that could be used to find a different position in the company or a new job plus severance. Sucks to be laid off but at least they gave you a two month runway to look for a new job versus severance alone. Good luck on the job hunt.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

This is exactly why people are hoarding their pto as well.

That weak ass severance check won’t give you much time in this market if you don’t hypothetically have a savings in place.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The US is pathetic. Workers treated like shyt. Terrible for new mothers, terrible for laid off workers. Your laws for workers suck. Y’all should be fighting for that.