Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I wass in an uber in the bay area sometime last year. Driver was this old Asian guy who barely spoke a lick of English. We got to talking and dude explained that he was a former software engineer at Western Digital and that he had graduated from a certain state school in the area 20 years ago :dead:. Dude was retired and just driving uber on the side. AsI said before,I struggled understanding a single word he said, shyt was wild. The bay area is something else.
I mentioned that Mexican/Latino cat I worked with a few pages back. Dude didn't write a single note in Calc 3 and Physics but basically aced nearly every exam. Basically did everything in his head.

Spoke broken English and I'm pretty sure dude is an Engineer somebody is working with right now :mjlol: :heh:

shyt, cat I work with is a 60+ year old Chinese Back End Software and I can't understand them when they talk. I end up having to hit them up on Slack.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I mentioned that Mexican/Latino cat I worked with a few pages back. Dude didn't write a single note in Calc 3 and Physics but basically aced nearly every exam. Basically did everything in his head.

Spoke broken English and I'm pretty sure dude is an Engineer somebody is working with right now :mjlol: :heh:

shyt, cat I work with is a 60+ year old Chinese Back End Software and I can't understand them when they talk. I end up having to hit them up on Slack.
I wonder what's going to happen once all of these people have to branch off from the west to the rest of America. They sure as hell arent heading to the midwest as white poeple are making that a new ethnostate. leaving the south wide open (namely north carolina, florida, goergia, and tenesee). We're about to see lots of black folks get gentrified from the south :francis:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Problem with tech is it is pure greed and there’s a growing number of Asians moving their way into the exec levels. Microsoft and Google have Indian CEOs….things are about to get real bad for the high priced, “lazy”, “entitled” American worker. Not my words.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Problem with tech is it is pure greed and there’s a growing number of Asians moving their way into the exec levels. Microsoft and Google have Indian CEOs….things are about to get real bad for the high priced, “lazy”, “entitled” American worker. Not my words.
That Indian nepotism is something serious. I got a friend in ATL who said that it happens there too. Not surprising since Georgia Tech is right there.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Literally me right now lol...which is a big part as to why I'm trying to leave smh
Incompetent management with a fragmented, short-sighted, and limited POV.
Constantly prioritizing fast and cheap while ignoring best practices.
Regurgitating my plans, outlook, and insights.
Passing off my work, and others as their own.
Attempting to gatekeep access to key business stakeholders.

Similiar to...

I just finished watching Silicon Valley for the first time and it’s funny just how true some of the stuff on that show is. Mainly how for many companies the actual business is the stock market. They end up sacrificing quality for short sighted projects that will boost the stock price up.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I just finished watching Silicon Valley for the first time and it’s funny just how true some of the stuff on that show is. Mainly how for many companies the actual business is the stock market. They end up sacrificing quality for short sighted projects that will boost the stock price up.
When Dinesh made the video chat app by accident and was an overnight millionaire then lost everything :mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Notices going out to impacted people today, pray for me. :sadcam:
scared.gif

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

GOAT show....and yes, it's all about the stock and shareholders. If the market wanted them to sacrifice workers, guess what? RIP

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I think there's been the slightest bounce back, if only with Amazon. Starting to get their headhunters reaching out on LinkedIn again. I'm not knee deep in Naps yet though :francis:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I think there's been the slightest bounce back, if only with Amazon. Starting to get their headhunters reaching out on LinkedIn again. I'm not knee deep in Naps yet though :francis:
You think so, until they hit you with salary figured and RTO mandates :heh:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
You think so, until they hit you with salary figured and RTO mandates :heh:
My company already hit us with RTO and the salary is lacking so other than a little longer commute, it would be a win :manny: . As long as I can start work earlier than 8 or 9 at least :ufdup:

Last edited: