Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

A lot of it are these a$$holes man.

If these tyc00n investors don't see people busting their ass 10000% working to the ground they pull their investment/short the stock/some other bullshyt and this forces the CEO's hand having to make a decision.

It's 2024. People don't need to be working 40 hours a week to get three times more work done than 10 years ago.

These people wouldn't know that because all they do is sit in a dang chair, growing up wealthy/stupid rich and uphold the same stupid dinosaur customs.

It's such a mess today man. That's why I'm going for another remote job. I'm not going to finish my job in 2 hours and take on more work you're not paying me to do. I'm going to find an additional job and get paid twice for doing the same thing.

Like look at how unreasonable these people are being. They see a handful of workers out there and think the entire company is slacking off. No context whatsoever. So yeah, fukk you.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
A lot of it are these a$$holes man.

If these tyc00n investors don't see people busting their ass 10000% working to the ground they pull their investment/short the stock/some other bullshyt and this forces the CEO's hand having to make a decision.

It's 2024. People don't need to be working 40 hours a week to get three times more work done than 10 years ago.

These people wouldn't know that because all they do is sit in a dang chair, growing up wealthy/stupid rich and uphold the same stupid dinosaur customs.

It's such a mess today man. That's why I'm going for another remote job. I'm not going to finish my job in 2 hours and take on more work you're not paying me to do. I'm going to find an additional job and get paid twice for doing the same thing.

Like look at how unreasonable these people are being. They see a handful of workers out there and think the entire company is slacking off. No context whatsoever. So yeah, fukk you.

much of this is contrived.

What sort of sound data analysis is that, relying on what ever random company people in a park told you that they worked at?

Wouldnt shock me if this was made up for psyops

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
much of this is contrived.

What sort of sound data analysis is that, relying on what ever random company people in a park told you that they worked at?

Wouldnt shock me if this was made up for psyops
shyt, do you know how Dodge started?

It were investors who were pissed that that Henry Ford wanted to pay his workers more but investors complained about not getting dividends.

So they sued Henry Ford heavy, won the case and created Dodge Motors with that money.

Basically set the precedent investors run CEOs.

We see how all those shareholders and investors were irrational about DEI and pulled their money moved recently too.

It really wouldn't surprise me that's all. They don't care and are shady people at that level. Some CEO's are actually decent people, trying to do better by actually working/building/talking with/listening to their employees but made the scapegoat by people with money honestly as they can threaten legal action.

Last edited:

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
Why go college then after you understand python and D&A ?
Why not get a GCP/Azure/AWS Solutions Architect cert and github some projects for the portfolio ?
Why not approach a few charities and NGOs for experience and network ?

Also you can get these from coursera for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than 1000
just lie and say you have a CS degree..

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m planning to quit my job next week and go all in on my portfolio work and job hunt.:francis:
I think Imm close I just need to dedicate more time to this, which my current job is hindering.:francis:
I’m a mad man.:francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I’m planning to quit my job next week and go all in on my portfolio work and job hunt.:francis:
I think Imm close I just need to dedicate more time to this, which my current job is hindering.:francis:
I’m a mad man.:francis:
I would not quit a job without something else lined up in this market

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Why go college then after you understand python and D&A ?
Why not get a GCP/Azure/AWS Solutions Architect cert and github some projects for the portfolio ?
Why not approach a few charities and NGOs for experience and network ?

Also you can get these from coursera for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than 1000
Because none of those will bypass the "Have a Degree" filter.

I know of someone who worked at Visa for 10 years but was recently laid off.

Dude was their lead backend engineer and they recently made a post on Linkedin saying dude had an interview but the company decided to go with another candidate. When he followed up to ask why they said it was because he didn't have a CS degree straight up.

10 year career working at Visa, handling money and got told someone with a college degree is preferable.

Now to me, that company sounds crazy because dude is most likely able to work that job. However, someone with a degree wouldn't have that problem. Think of how many more opportunities the latter would have.

Last edited: