threattonature

Veteran
Daps

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who da fukk relocating to Arkansas for a job?
:mjlol::francis:

Walmart to reportedly lay off hundreds of corporate staff and relocate others​

Meanwhile, workers at the U.S. retail giant’s smaller offices in Dallas, Atlanta and Toronto are being asked to move to other central hubs such as Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville as well as Hoboken or Southern California, the report added.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Who da fukk relocating to Arkansas for a job?
:mjlol::francis:

Walmart to reportedly lay off hundreds of corporate staff and relocate others​

Meanwhile, workers at the U.S. retail giant’s smaller offices in Dallas, Atlanta and Toronto are being asked to move to other central hubs such as Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville as well as Hoboken or Southern California, the report added.
A move from ATL, cold & expensive ass Toronto, or “smells like feet” Dallas, to SoCal wouldn’t be a bad look at all :ehh:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
A move from ATL, cold & expensive ass Toronto, or “smells like feet” Dallas, to SoCal wouldn’t be a bad look at all :ehh:
They probably don't get a choice on where to relocate. I seen people based out of the same location, get told to move to different parts of the country because of RTO bullshyt.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would be worried about the cost of living in SoCal. I think this relocation option is just a ploy to get people to quit voluntarily. Anyone who relocates will probably be laid off anyway.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They probably don't get a choice on where to relocate. I seen people based out of the same location, get told to move to different parts of the country because of RTO bullshyt.
Yeah, I would never relocate under the threat of layoffs. And I'm not sticking around even if I survive a layoff. Because your job duties normally double afterward. Why not just go work someplace that's still fully staffed instead?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I would never relocate under the threat of layoffs. And I'm not sticking around even if I survive a layoff. Because your job duties normally double afterward. Why not just go work someplace that's still fully staffed instead?
This is what Tesla is going through right now. ALL of their talent is now looking just because 1 guy had a knee jerk reaction and then didn’t have the balls to tell his workforce he was done cutting staff over a temper tantrum of not being paid enough billions of dollars :beli:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

never disrupt your life on the "hopes" of what other folks got going on lol. Moment you sense blood in the water you plan your exit/be prepared for layoffs.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what Tesla is going through right now. ALL of their talent is now looking just because 1 guy had a knee jerk reaction and then didn’t have the balls to tell his workforce he was done cutting staff over a temper tantrum of not being paid enough billions of dollars :beli:
Musk is the definition of white privilege. I hope all his companies fail.

A Tesla supplier says it's still in limbo 2 weeks after Elon Musk fired the entire Supercharger team​

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The problem is that the job search can take months. Also the instability of going to a new organization as a lot of times it's last in first out so going to a new company you're still at risk of layoffs. At least with the company you've been at a while if they do decide to lay you off, if you have any years in you are at least in line of a good severance payment.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is that the job search can take months. Also the instability of going to a new organization as a lot of times it's last in first out so going to a new company you're still at risk of layoffs. At least with the company you've been at a while if they do decide to lay you off, if you have any years in you are at least in line of a good severance payment.
I think it depends on your professional network and job field. I work in cybersecurity and someone is always hiring if you got enough experience.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Musk is the definition of white privilege. I hope all his companies fail.

A Tesla supplier says it's still in limbo 2 weeks after Elon Musk fired the entire Supercharger team​

The USA Govt are idiots for even enabling this dude. They would have been better off creating funding for USA Automakers + USA Tech companies to form a governing body and create the standards and then Govt has contractors roll out the infrastructure.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think it depends on your professional network and job field. I work in cybersecurity and someone is always hiring if you got enough experience.
I'm in product management and going on what I've seen with other PMs and former programmers that I worked with. Some left our old company after they forced return to office or just when layoffs started only to end up at a new company where they got laid off. Since they were new they got no severance and ended up unable to find new work for at least half a year.