Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah I don't think it's over though I do believe we will see a huge number of people jumping ship to other fields/industries. I've always felt that tech was one of those fields that you only go down if you have a passion for it. There are many other fields that you can make equal or greater money without having to deal with the stress that comes with the tech industry. I think the current situation has opened a lot of people's eyes.
A big shame about this is how other industries did nothing to push their incentives while tech created a vacuum and stole all their talent.

The tech vacuum through those years when everyone went to go be a software engineer should've pushed Civil Engineers for example to say "You can't find anyone to work for you. I want 40% more pay than this and more vacation or I walk to the Tech Industry."

Now the window is still open for it because there are far more CS students than hard engineers still, but they missed the golden window to force their professions' hands and make a sweeping, game changing impact for themselves. They let those dinosaurs who run those industries off the hook a little. Dinosaur CEO's took advantage of people who'd do that work for low pay because they love what they're doing.

If everyone's pay went up around multiple industries, we wouldn't be in this position as you'd have multiple high-paying professions to split the load.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

They talk about entry level jobs requiring 2-5 years of experience :russ:

Meh, American companies created the problem, they will have to be the one to solve it (they won't).

Makes me more done with the whole process.

morris

Superstar
Daps
This is Hitchins? He was taking so greasy about Haney and this is the performance he puts up. He just keeps clinching and is getting bullied. WTF

They talk about entry level jobs requiring 2-5 years of experience :russ:

Yea, before you could get a Project Coordinator or Project Manager job w/o years experience. Now? Forget about it. You best know someone who hires other than that no way. I know b/c a young white dude at my last job was a recent college grad, got canned for not meeting his BDR numbers and got a nice PC gig.
Yo tech is done. All those fancy accommodations to for workers is over

Google quits on huge, longtime San Francisco office in premium location​

This really was the peak:

I love it. They hire these white chicks out of college and they know nothing but to be bossy and bytchy. Meanwhile, people with years experience get overlooked. I seen this first hand in the SaaS world. It's the game if you wann aplay it

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Canada :scust: . I get it though, you do what you have to do. Canada needs to do something about that two front war they're fighting with the Nap invasion and Chinese land grab :hubie:

We need to get the Liberals the fukk outta here.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was hoping to flip to tech from the industry I'm currently in but idk :pachaha:
I hit up the mgr for our on site data science team today.
Got no response, I'm gonna be on bros head until I get one.
Gotta make sure I have backup plan secured incase I graduate in a two years
and there's nothing available in Tech.

Don't switch to tech right now. Going through a major transition that is not good.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I don't think it's over though I do believe we will see a huge number of people jumping ship to other fields/industries. I've always felt that tech was one of those fields that you only go down if you have a passion for it. There are many other fields that you can make equal or greater money without having to deal with the stress that comes with the tech industry. I think the current situation has opened a lot of people's eyes.

I been in tech ever since school and this has always been the life. Constant layoffs, pivoting, etc. I've been looking at government jobs for a while now. Tech is good for young folk, not good for established people with a family.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The United States salaries in coding dwarfs every other country.

When I was looking into relocating to Ghana, the average pay is anywhere from $20,000 - $50,000 a year tops on average.

These six figure tech jobs are over inflated and have played a key factor in driving inflation. Especially when you look at all the hiring these tech companies were doing in 2021.

Yep I had an interview with Amazon Japan last year and they were offering 60k. That same role would’ve been 140k in the states.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:
If You’re Having A Hard Time Finding A White-Collar Job, Here’s Why

Well-paying industries, such as finance, technology and professional services, are being adversely affected, while blue-collar, skilled labor jobs are relatively secure.

l46CbAuxFk2Cz0s2A.webp

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea, before you could get a Project Coordinator or Project Manager job w/o years experience. Now? Forget about it. You best know someone who hires other than that no way. I know b/c a young white dude at my last job was a recent college grad, got canned for not meeting his BDR numbers and got a nice PC gig.

I love it. They hire these white chicks out of college and they know nothing but to be bossy and bytchy. Meanwhile, people with years experience get overlooked. I seen this first hand in the SaaS world. It's the game if you wann aplay it

The wild thing is they use Black people as the face of DEI when all that shyt got spammed by delusional white women who don't do shyt and flood social media about making 6 figures not doing shyt (with a few black women sprinkled in). This is the shyt that fuels companies covering themselves with layoffs from an optics standpoint + white supremecist and the asian buffers using their talking points for elimination of certain programs (that never even benefitted black folks in masse besides once again a few black women who serve as guard dogs).

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's funny, all the panic about layoffs for the last year has got me actually quite good at Leetcode. It was basically an automatic reflex to do my usual Leetcode problem(s) at 10:15AM right after standup.

I just kind of realized it today after doing a few problems like "Dang, I kinda flew right through those".

Just a reminder that consistency is really more important than trying to plow through a ton of problems over a weekend for anyone grinding.