Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeahhhh I wouldn't advise NOBODY to quit in this climate. Even if you don't get severance you can at least still get unemployment.
Facts. It's the main reason I haven't been looking. It'd be crazy to leave one job out of fear of layoffs when in a lot of places the newer hires are the first in the line of fire for layoffs so companies can pay as little severance as possible. Especially since in most places new hires for the same position make just as much if not more as others in the same position who have worked there for a while.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The L's are just piling up now. Imagine getting treated like some grade school kids as an adult.
:snoop:

Dell to color-code staff based on how hybrid they really are in RTO push​

"In the latest Jeff Clarke return-to-grade-school initiative, HR will be keeping an attendance report card on employees, grading them at four levels based on how well they meet the goal of being in the office 39 days a quarter," a source familiar with Dell told The Register, referring to the IT giant's chief operating officer.

"Employees who do not meet the attendance requirement will have their status escalated up the ladder to Jeff Clarke, who apparently believes that being a hall monitor trumps growing revenue."

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Of course. But in Canada all of our mortgages are basically like that. Every 5 years you need to renew. Is it an L? Without question.
Canada :scust: . I get it though, you do what you have to do. Canada needs to do something about that two front war they're fighting with the Nap invasion and Chinese land grab :hubie:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was hoping to flip to tech from the industry I'm currently in but idk :pachaha:
I hit up the mgr for our on site data science team today.
Got no response, I'm gonna be on bros head until I get one.
Gotta make sure I have backup plan secured incase I graduate in a two years
and there's nothing available in Tech.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I was hoping to flip to tech from the industry I'm currently in but idk :pachaha:
I hit up the mgr for our on site data science team today.
Got no response, I'm gonna be on bros head until I get one.
Gotta make sure I have backup plan secured incase I graduate in a two years
and there's nothing available in Tech.
There's plenty of tech roles in the government sector. Also, the number of companies getting hit with ransomware/breaches is going to be insane. Going to be interesting to see how hard these companies doing layoffs will be hit.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yo tech is done. All those fancy accommodations to for workers is over

Google quits on huge, longtime San Francisco office in premium location​

This really was the peak:

Nah I don't think it's over though I do believe we will see a huge number of people jumping ship to other fields/industries. I've always felt that tech was one of those fields that you only go down if you have a passion for it. There are many other fields that you can make equal or greater money without having to deal with the stress that comes with the tech industry. I think the current situation has opened a lot of people's eyes.