Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
The United States salaries in coding dwarfs every other country.

When I was looking into relocating to Ghana, the average pay is anywhere from $20,000 - $50,000 a year tops on average.

These six figure tech jobs are over inflated and have played a key factor in driving inflation. Especially when you look at all the hiring these tech companies were doing in 2021.
This nikka thinks 6 figure tech jobs drive inflation rather than companies siphoning more money out of consumers by jacking up prices cuz they realized could. And what do people do? Continue buying and go into debt to keep purchasing. What's next Doctors and Lawyers are the reason too?
Profits over everything with no regulation is the reason for inflation we got now and the reason for the layoffs at tech companies.
We are in a white collar job recession that is expedited by over reactionary decisions by stakeholders and corporate ceos to AI and its capabilities which are decades to early to have meaningful impact in taking jobs from people except those that work in call centers and run excel spreadsheet functions for a living

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This nikka thinks 6 figure tech jobs drive inflation rather than companies siphoning more money out of consumers by jacking up prices cuz they realized could. And what do people do? Continue buying and go into debt to keep purchasing. What's next Doctors and Lawyers are the reason too?
Profits over everything with no regulation is the reason for inflation we got now and the reason for the layoffs at tech companies.
We are in a white collar job recession that is expedited by over reactionary decisions by stakeholders and corporate ceos to AI and its capabilities which are decades to early to have meaningful impact in taking jobs from people except those that work in call centers and run excel spreadsheet functions for a living
That’s why I called for his removal from this thread. :beli:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The United States salaries in coding dwarfs every other country.

When I was looking into relocating to Ghana, the average pay is anywhere from $20,000 - $50,000 a year tops on average.

These six figure tech jobs are over inflated and have played a key factor in driving inflation. Especially when you look at all the hiring these tech companies were doing in 2021.
Wage growth is a closely followed metric for economists. It’s currently outpacing inflation by a few %, but that wasn’t the case in 2021-2022. Also, wage growth is kind of a constant thing. Fed wants to see 2%-3% growth every year and right now it’s around 3%. Wage growth contributes to inflation every year but it wasn’t the primary driver of the insane inflation of the lasy 3 years. The main driver of 2020-2023 inflation was global supply-demand shocks to every industry, which fed into corporate greed (price gouging).

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are Tesla employees not running for the exits? Did they not see what happened at Twitter? Imagine waiting around to get laid off.
:francis:

More Tesla Layoffs Hit Software and Service TeamsTech site Electrek says fired workers were dismissed by email over the weekend as part of EV maker's planned cuts of 6,700 workers worldwide.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Why are Tesla employees not running for the exits? Did they not see what happened at Twitter? Imagine waiting around to get laid off.

More Tesla Layoffs Hit Software and Service TeamsTech site Electrek says fired workers were dismissed by email over the weekend as part of EV maker's planned cuts of 6,700 workers worldwide.

Laid off by email :wow:

Where would they go? Starting over at another company in this job market is rough.

I just got ghosted by a recruiter for a $110k job with no explanation. I think the IT job I have now is going to be my last. I want to figure out how to make my own money doing other things.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Laid off by email :wow:

Where would they go? Starting over at another company in this job market is rough.

I just got ghosted by a recruiter for a $110k job with no explanation. I think the IT job I have now is going to be my last. I want to figure out how to make my own money doing other things.
Probably was a non-job and that's why they ghosted. Had several of those interviews the last 3 months. In both cases they pulled the jobs after wasting everyone's time.

And the salaries they offerred were complete garbage. I think they didn't find a desperate enough applicant pool. And decided to wait things out hoping they can low-ball the next group.

Job market is still good for people using referrals. You can walk right in making big money. While everyone else applying directly gets lowballed.
:mjlol:
I've seen some of my old jobs advertised for 10K less than I made 3 years ago.
Disrespectful.