Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Recruiters used to be so hype when they reached out.

Now it's like eh to them these days. Makes me wonder if it is even real or they have it out there to pump the numbers up.

Every job on linkedin that is tech has over a 100 applicants within minutes, see the same job app a month later.
You dogfood out here :wow:
the applicants # can be misleading because I think its just counting clicks. But that said there tends to be 500-1k+ easy applying to jobs at major companies

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I saw one for a junior System Admin and after reading it,

It was more like a hybrid System Admin/DevOps/Network admin rolled into one.

$65k :wow:
Hold my beer:

Rate : $22/hr on w2

• Jr 2-4 year Data Analyst with experience in visualization, and business analytics.
  • Some experience in data cleansing, Tableau visualization, MS Teams collaboration, ServiceNow integration, and business analytics while contributing to impactful projects.
  • Experience in data analysis, visualization, and business analytics.
  • Basic understanding of data cleansing principles and techniques.
  • Familiarity with Tableau or willingness to learn Tableau for visualization purposes.
  • Proficiency in MS Teams or willingness to learn collaboration tools.
  • Knowledge of ServiceNow platform is a plus but not required

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Hold my beer:

Rate : $22/hr on w2

• Jr 2-4 year Data Analyst with experience in visualization, and business analytics.
  • Some experience in data cleansing, Tableau visualization, MS Teams collaboration, ServiceNow integration, and business analytics while contributing to impactful projects.
  • Experience in data analysis, visualization, and business analytics.
  • Basic understanding of data cleansing principles and techniques.
  • Familiarity with Tableau or willingness to learn Tableau for visualization purposes.
  • Proficiency in MS Teams or willingness to learn collaboration tools.
  • Knowledge of ServiceNow platform is a plus but not required
:damn:

That's Tier 1 Help Desk money. 2-4 years?! :dead:

Just five months ago!

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I just got off the phone call with my uncle. We were talking generally and then he brought up his son that recently graduated with a degree in computer science not being able to find work. He was blaming his son’s accent because he’s raised in Nigeria, but I told him the industry itself is at the crossroads and it’s not my little cuz who’s the problem. My uncle fell silent. :to:
Nigerians have concentrated ALL their collegiate resources on Cyber (and it shows). TheyOWN that space, tell him to go that route since Africans tend to look out for their own. It’s also very stable, but you gotta have certs to back it up. Start with the easy ones, comp tia, CCNA, then move up to CSM, CISSM, CISA etc.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The number of recruiters that I've used that are leaving the field.
:wow:

AI could conduct your next job interview - meet Braintrust Air​

last year, I literally did a mock interview with AI.

All I did was fill it up from responses from chatgpt, than I advanced to a human interview.