Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What has shocked me about the corporate world is just how little creativity there is and how much of a copy cat culture it is. Companies don't examine their own products or organizational structure and figure out what works best for the company. Instead whatever the latest buzzword is becomes all the rage. Leads to a bunch of money spent on software or trainings to get up to date on this new trend despite not having the infrastructure to support it. A big part of how I ended up in the doghouse at my old company was because of my big mouth and calling out all the ways we are wasting time and/or money which pissed off the decision makers despite me turning out to be 100% correct.

You cant be truthful to these nitwits. Corporate America lacks intuitiveness. I cant stand the rigidness.

I blame myself for getting too comfortable in that space when I knew the company I was working for was extremely out of touch

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I first went to school to learn programming in 2002 before switching to something else.

The game has changed. The internet has made it easy to be a programmer. First it was bootcamps but now there’s so many free resources, all you need to time.

I started leaning to code again last summer. JavaScript then Python. Once I realized how the industry was trending, the idea of trying to be a junior developer in my 40’s was purged from my mindset.

AI is the future. All of the people that’s been in the game for 10 + years already have a head start.

Most people come into tech trying to be on teams and make 6 figures being a spoke on a wheel. Gotta be more creative.

I got hired by a company for a mid level management gig. When I interviewed with them, I pointed out that their website and mobile app was trash and they knew it. The company who built it used WordPress :mjlol:

About a month ago, I was approached to rebuild it from scratch. So I’m using ChatGTP and other resources to build it. So now I have an additional title and more pay that’s predicated upon me deploying it successfully.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
What has shocked me about the corporate world is just how little creativity there is and how much of a copy cat culture it is. Companies don't examine their own products or organizational structure and figure out what works best for the company. Instead whatever the latest buzzword is becomes all the rage. Leads to a bunch of money spent on software or trainings to get up to date on this new trend despite not having the infrastructure to support it. A big part of how I ended up in the doghouse at my old company was because of my big mouth and calling out all the ways we are wasting time and/or money which pissed off the decision makers despite me turning out to be 100% correct.
i see this all the time and it can bother me because i feel like i have to call BS out. fortunately I learned early in my career to just let things slide and not get involved in corporate politics. there's a high chance it won't end well when you do.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
You cant be truthful to these nitwits. Corporate America lacks intuitiveness. I cant stand the rigidness.

I blame myself for getting too comfortable in that space when I knew the company I was working for was extremely out of touch
No doubt. I've learned that now. I thought I was doing the company a solid by trying to prevent them from spending a 250K on some software that would not solve the problem. After I left I checked back and sure enough the software basically went unused.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I just got off the phone call with my uncle. We were talking generally and then he brought up his son that recently graduated with a degree in computer science not being able to find work. He was blaming his son’s accent because he’s raised in Nigeria, but I told him the industry itself is at the crossroads and it’s not my little cuz who’s the problem. My uncle fell silent. :to:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
It’s crazy cause I’m getting flooded with PM and PgM roles in my recommendations, but tech roles are fukkin dry when I search out of curiosity.

The chick I’m dating now is saying it the worst time for Product (UI/UX) Designers.

I don’t wish this bullshyt job market on any brehs regardless of how much they PAWG.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It’s crazy cause I’m getting flooded with PM and PgM roles in my recommendations, but tech roles are fukkin dry when I search out of curiosity.

The chick I’m dating now is saying it the worst time for Product (UI/UX) Designers.

I don’t wish this bullshyt job market on any brehs regardless of how much they PAWG.

most these postings are Ghost Jobs

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
most these postings are Ghost Jobs
Recruiters used to be so hype when they reached out.

Now it's like eh to them these days. Makes me wonder if it is even real or they have it out there to pump the numbers up.

Every job on linkedin that is tech has over a 100 applicants within minutes, see the same job app a month later.
You dogfood out here :wow: