Reppin
NULL

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
India got next. Cheap and will work like dogs. But they’re not dumb.
This. You gotta manage the cultural differences if the company is US based, but most tech/SAAS companies are trying to get most of their software eng footprint in India.

An IC4 Software Eng in India will run you about $42K USD
An IC4 in Bay Area will run you about $200K USD

Pure numbers game.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's funny with these interviews. The advice you get around the internet is "Don't memorize Leetcode!" I understand that.

However, these interviewers ask questions which have answers that are famous algorithms such as Bellman-Ford. You would not come up with that shyt if you didn't know/understand/memorize that algorithm.

It's like these people expect you to come up with famous algorithmic solutions in the 30 minutes you have in an interview huh? That was legit an example I read someone post recently.

So many contradictions and hypocrites around the industry. If you want Donald Knuth, hire Donald Knuth.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Indian engineers are technically strong but like any remote team or offshore team, it’s very process and task driven. We offshore a lot of technical tasks to India and they’re actually really good to work with because you don’t have to deal with the typical hr and people related issues. The cost savings aren’t as much as people think. Our data scientist is getting paid 90k usd but I think a comparative talent that is remote in the US in a low cost state would probably get 150k. Easily 200k+ in a high cost area. I think ultimately if you’re an engineer or data scientist , you need to expand your skill set to either management or understanding the business and bigger picture strategic stuff.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Indian engineers are technically strong but like any remote team or offshore team, it’s very process and task driven. We offshore a lot of technical tasks to India and they’re actually really good to work with because you don’t have to deal with the typical hr and people related issues. The cost savings aren’t as much as people think. Our data scientist is getting paid 90k usd but I think a comparative talent that is remote in the US in a low cost state would probably get 150k. Easily 200k+ in a high cost area. I think ultimately if you’re an engineer or data scientist , you need to expand your skill set to either management or understanding the business and bigger picture strategic stuff.

I said before with the AI stuff in general USA will be hub for the IP Creation/Decision makers while the "grunt work" is sent out to the cheapest method of implementation whether it be offshore or AI. The folks who are fukked the most are early career folks trying to get experience

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
That's just a $70K-$120K difference in cash, but you gotta consider the cost of benefits in the US.

Not to mention, India employee get like a 1/5th of the value of RSUs that their US counterparts get.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The competition is really tough globally and this isn’t exclusive in the US. All high cost countries are offshoring. Even in India you have a ton of competition for offshoring companies lowering cost.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's just a $70K-$120K difference in cash, but you gotta consider the cost of benefits in the US.

Not to mention, India employee get like a 1/5th of the value of RSUs that their US counterparts get.
This is true on average but if you have a less technical business strategic role in the us and they can manage the more technical offshore role and get a ton done. Actually this is what I’m doing currently where I’m literally telling the offshore talent what to do and I’ve gotten stuff done 10x faster. In the US you also have to add 40% to the salary for overhead.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At least from my experience Chinese and East/Southeast Asian engineers will still demand high money. The ones at my company offshore are among the highest paid.

Them Indian cats are willing to take on the profession cheap and won't do a great job either. They're a driving force bringing down the tech industry singlehandedly.

Last edited: