Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
In tech?
Which trades?

Personally, I'm not seeing "folks retiring, and not enough folks to replace them" in the tech industry.
Biomed Technicians are going through it, Covid accelerated a lot of them older dudes out either to the grave or early retirement.

Biomedical isn't tech per say, but if you don't have basic IT skills, you would struggle hard since the newer equipment is more software based.

Had to fix a few issues because dudes had no idea how to operate the manufacturer's onboard diag and PC software that connected to it.

The rest is pure second hand anecdotal with people telling me it's difficult to train new tradesmen when they can't even pass a drug test.

EDIT: I believe in Tech, it's less no one to replace and more like it's cheaper to outsource as much as possible.

That comes with way more downsides in my opinion.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In my lifetime I’ve skated by so many layoffs. shyt is depressing. You have the instant relief then you start to think about a bunch of shyt and get sad.

Need to retire early and go be a greeter at Walmart twice a week.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
In my lifetime I’ve skated by so many layoffs. shyt is depressing. You have the instant relief then you start to think about a bunch of shyt and get sad.

Need to retire early and go be a greeter at Walmart twice a week.
Does that job even exist anymore? I can't remember seeing one in the past 10 years.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
vsCR2mR.png

The entire twitter thread is on point
Nah... They hire new guys...the new guys are demanding....they came up in the work from home era... Shut was given..

I came up in the "wait 2-5 years before you get an IT job" era....but it's plenty of entry job available...as a matter of fact..when I was looking this year...too often the jobs available were for beginners to intermediate...

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I remember doing an intership with a dude back in 2022 , I believe he was graduating that year as well.

He still hasn't been able to land a job. I think he updated his resume/linkedin to say he graduates this year , because a 2 year gap from the date you graduated until now ...can't be a good look.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah... They hire new guys...the new guys are demanding....they came up in the work from home era... Shut was given..

I came up in the "wait 2-5 years before you get an IT job" era....but it's plenty of entry job available...as a matter of fact..when I was looking this year...too often the jobs available were for beginners to intermediate...
Many entry level jobs that are not entry level. Just a way for employers to underpay.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

False....damn near everything you said in your post.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Sent this to my wife who is a CISO. She said she fought HARD for interns and GenZ talent in her last 2 roles.

She says companies dont get it....if they dont hire them and change the culture for them their orgs wont survive.
It's just like marketing products. No matter when your main base customers got into your product, if you don't appeal to the next generation, your product will be aged out of the market