Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What do you mean by back up?
Basically for resumes in general, if I know how something works I just say I built it because I can talk enough about how it works inside out.

I worked on certain parts of codebases long enough to basically understand it's workings so I legit put it on my resume I "architected" it. If they want a reference, use a trusted co-workers or if manageable, one of an irl friend that knows software.

shyt, even if I don't fully understand how something works I'll post that I made it if it's a big feature and I understand most of it. During interviews if they ask anything specific about it that I don't know I just say "that was an abstraction layer handled by another team primarily, I didn't really attend to the implementation details of it" but if I do know some about it I'll drop in what I know as well then hit them with the "abstraction" reason.

Remember, these guys weren't with us in the gym. They know absolutely nothing about what we did at a company. Blow that shyt up on your resume and rehearse your talking point around it for the interview. Plus honestly, if you understand it enough you can bring that experience with you where you go.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Basically for resumes in general, if I know how something works I just say I built it because I can talk enough about how it works inside out.

I worked on certain parts of codebases long enough to basically understand it's workings so I legit put it on my resume I "architected" it. If they want a reference, use one of your co-workers or if you can manage, one of your irl friends that knows software.

Exactly, just expanding the truth if you will :lolbron:

Only way to get a real wage these days :francis:

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Remember, these guys weren't with us in the gym. They know absolutely nothing about what we did at a company. Blow that shyt up on your resume and rehearse your talking point around it for the interview.
I recently checked a former co-workers LinkedIn and they listed a whole host of management experience for the time we worked together. Nah man, you was a struggling junior like I was :russ:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I recently checked a former co-workers LinkedIn and they listed a whole host of management experience for the time we worked together. Nah man, you was a struggling junior like I was :russ:
Yup. That's the way it is.
I know if my co-workers saw my resume they'd either be pissed if they didn't like me or laughing their asses of if they rock with me :mjlol:

Doesn't stop me from getting interviews and that's all that really matters :heh:

A lot of people irrationally think they're about to get outed or exposed for blowing up their resume. The reality is, if you can talk about most of it then you're 100% better off blowing it up. Even if they get exposed by one company as BSing, all the others won't have a single clue.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Sent this to my wife who is a CISO. She said she fought HARD for interns and GenZ talent in her last 2 roles.

She says companies dont get it....if they dont hire them and change the culture for them their orgs wont survive.
.orgs think they can use GenAI solutions to mitigate and minimize impact

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sent this to my wife who is a CISO. She said she fought HARD for interns and GenZ talent in her last 2 roles.

She says companies dont get it....if they dont hire them and change the culture for them their orgs wont survive.

This is the result of:
-Management consulting bros transitioning into tech
-The internet and tech bros romanticizing Elon Musk...obsession with operating lean + lean headcount
-Leadership understands despite profiting or start-ups close to profiting they don't want to change because it challenges their actual value to the organization....allota folks in leadership are in the way and provide little to no value

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn lie... It is still about how you start...

Be humble .. climb the company ladder...it's a 2 years process.

The biggest problem is most people are bad to horrendous at interviews....

My wife is in HR and she will tell you.. people are practically begging instead of showcasing their strength and Worth.

Where is the lie?
Everything you said after the first line, has nothing to do with the post.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
.orgs think they can use GenAI solutions to mitigate and minimize impact
We honestly saw the same thing with the STEM rush before the Tech rush.

Only 25% of those with STEM degrees were actually working in STEM because all the seniors fell in place and these companies knew they didn't need to hire Jr. Engineers because they had knowledgeable Sr. engineers.

Unfortunately, as those Seniors are starting to retire that decision is starting to hurt these industries because they could have a lot more Mid and Seniors to hand off to. Now we're seeing Boeing in quite a bad spot for example.

This is the result of Finance bros all up in STEM matters. It won't scale well long term, but that's for the next CEO to deal with.