Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Because you can't trust a politician. Both Democrats and Republicans are complicit. That's what Bothsides is all about exposing both major political party.

didn't Trump Clamp down the H1B? but then again I think they will more so use the remote work thing as the work around lol.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Imagine going through 6 interviews to only end up not getting the job or even worse ghosted :francis:
My buddy from our old job
Boeing
did an introductory interview for like an hour and then a fukking four hour follow-up interview for another company. Luckily he got the job, but four hours is ridiculous for the pay they were trying to give him.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
That's such a tough position to be in. Part of why I left my old company was due to not getting a promotion or a major raise beyond COL in 10 years. When I brought it up initially they said HR was taking on a huge project to reclassify every position in the company and provide a career pathway to moving up in the company. They gave us a year timeline for the project. 18 months later and they were still saying it was a year away. Meanwhile the employees all left holding our dikks hoping for more money down the road.

I still follow a bunch of them on linkedin now and two and a half years later starting to see a lot of people get director/VP titles that was on the same level as me. Definitely has me wondering if I would've got one. But the company pays well below market rate too so I'm probably still making more money than a lot of those people.
Yeah man, people don't like sitting around and waiting to hear the can got kicked down the road again :francis: Hopefully things work out cause I cant be the onlyone looking to exit

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didn't Trump Clamp down the H1B? but then again I think they will more so use the remote work thing as the work around lol.
Democrats and tech companies undid most of the H1b restrictions from the Trump administration. Congress would need to pass a law to stop the abuses. But both Republicans and Democrats benefit from sending American jobs overseas. No telling how many politicians make bank from insider training on stocks from these very same companies.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Democrats and tech companies undid most of the H1b restrictions from the Trump administration. Congress would need to pass a law to stop the abuses. But both Republicans and Democrats benefit from sending American jobs overseas. No telling how many politicians make bank from insider training on stocks from these very same companies.

tbh I don't know how dudes start families now and being dependent on these companies to do right by them. I legit am at the place that I rather be an older father so I can start a family when Im at that state of not needing to work for others (and if I do its more so cause I want/to keep my mind sharp).

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tbh I don't know how dudes start families now and being dependent on these companies to do right by them. I legit am at the place that I rather be an older father so I can start a family when Im at that state of not needing to work for others (and if I do its more so cause I want/to keep my mind sharp).
Tech is really for earning a ton of money really fast. But job security is pretty much non-existent unless your on the cutting edge or work in the public sector.

Too many people think their company is going to be loyal to them. Meanwhile your Boss is plotting behind your back to lay you off the minute they miss earnings.
:mjlol:
That's why I job hop like there is no tomorrow. Pay me my fukkin worth cause I'm not leaving $1 dollar on the table.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Man its like contract roles and recruiters have become obsolete.

I think since I came to Houston I've only ever actually applied to one job that I had. The others were all done through recruiters and I would get at least a couple calls a day about potential jobs. ALL that shyt is out the window now.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Tech is really for earning a ton of money really fast. But job security is pretty much non-existent unless your on the cutting edge or work in the public sector.

Too many people think their company is going to be loyal to them. Meanwhile your Boss is plotting behind your back to lay you off the minute they miss earnings.
That's why I job hop like there is no tomorrow. Pay me my fukkin worth cause I'm not leaving $1 dollar on the table.

yeah make money and stack, but Lifestyle Creep is def real especially when times are good.

The ideal thing seems to be stack bread and then get a bullshyt job you can just coast in for benefits lol.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Man its like contract roles and recruiters have become obsolete.

I think since I came to Houston I've only ever actually applied to one job that I had. The others were all done through recruiters and I would get at least a couple calls a day about potential jobs. ALL that shyt is out the window now.
No bullshyt man. When I lived in MD, it was a ton of recruiters and contractors knocking at your door. :whoa: Now granted, the man that owns the Ravens founded the staffing company, but it definitely feels like companies trying to poach employees for opportunities has become stagnant.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
record level profits for companies in so many fields...so theyre cutting jobs everywhere.:wow:

Yall better wakeup man
Corporations treating tech workers like hoes and they some pimps.
I give Blue collar workers props for joining Unions. But scary ass tech workers will stab each other in the back before they cross management.
:pachaha:

Big Profits, Big Layoffs: Tracking Earnings Per Laid off Employee​

Microsoft, earned nearly $10 million (EBITDA) for every worker laid off.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_mhfd5iDNow1qgqpr6o1_400.gif