Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Had an interview for J2 today, $85k role (trying to take on something more chill).

It was a startup.
1. Today's interview was with the job recruiter.
2. Next is hiring manager interview for cultural fit.
3. Tech interview/algo round next after.
4. Architecture round.
5. Interview with product team
6. Interview with founder.

How you going to have an architecture interview for a Junior position? These companies lost their dang minds.
Imagine going through 6 interviews to only end up not getting the job or even worse ghosted :francis:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hilarious thing is how obtuse/dense these companies are. Like who tf you think you are?

"So why did you choose us?"

Because bro there are tens of thousands of jobs with this title (data engineer) from tens of thousands of other companies nobody has heard about.
I sent out 30 resumes one week and you're one of these no-named companies who hit me up for an interview so I set up an interview.
I don't even remember what your company does nor what your online job application form looked like.

Who do you think you are, Google? Your company has 109 total people working there and located in a random suite somewhere in a random office building.
If you're not a mega brand, I'm not going to remember why I applied to your company other than the fact you had an open role for the job title I was looking for.
Chances are 99.99% of the other applicants you have will basically be the same story.

Stop fooling yourselves:mjlol::heh:

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Hilarious thing is how obtuse/dense these companies are. Like who tf you think you are?

"So why did you choose us?"

Because bro there are tens of thousands of jobs (data engineer) with this title from tens of thousands of other companies nobody has heard about.
I sent out 30 resumes one week and you're one of these no-named companies who hit me up for an interview so I set up an interview.
I don't even remember what your online job application form looked like.

Who do you think you are, Google? Your company has 109 total people working there and located in a random suite somewhere in a random office building.
If you're not a mega brand, I'm not going to remember why I applied to your company other than the fact you had an open role for the job title I was looking for.
Chances are 99.99% of the other applicants you have will basically be the same story.

Stop fooling yourselves:mjlol::heh:
You know damn well that question is just to see how prepared someone is for the interview. I learned early before every interview to learn a few basic facts about any company I was set to interview for. Easy way to score some brownie points.

Now what you said is definitely real in that for a lot of people they just trying to get hired by anybody.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's funny - even with how horribly I did in the initial interview with the recruiter, I just checked my email and they invited me for all the follow-up interviews.

I'm pretty sure if you have a decent amount of experience, these entry-level jobs are yours.

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
It's funny - even with how horribly I did in the initial interview with the recruiter, I just checked my email and they invited me for all the follow-up interviews.

I'm pretty sure if you have a decent amount of experience, these entry-level jobs are yours.
Congrats. I attended an orientation for a temp job; got paid for the orientation but they have had no availability for 2 weeks …

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Congrats. I attended an orientation for a temp job; got paid for the orientation but they have had no availability for 2 weeks …
Sorry to hear breh. I'd keep applying/interviewing while you're waiting on that one. Who knows you may land that job and the new one at the same time.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had an interview for J2 job stack today, $85k role (trying to take on something more chill).

It was a startup.
1. Today's interview was with the job recruiter.
2. Next is hiring manager interview for cultural fit.
3. Tech interview/algo round next after.
4. Architecture round.
5. Interview with product team
6. Interview with founder.

How you going to have an architecture interview for a Junior position? These companies lost their dang minds.

This the standard interview path at a lot tech companies
Junior architect position sounds nuts lol

I'm also looking for a chill J2, but struggling cracking the final round interviews

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This the standard interview path at a lot tech companies
Junior architect position sounds nuts lol

I'm also looking for a chill J2, but struggling cracking the final round interviews
Yeah, for my J2 I didn't even want to do something with coding. Looking for an easy J2 because J1 is on cruise control right now.

Was pretty shocked to see that although it's a tech job we're doing algos during interviews.

Last edited:
Daps
Most of these jobs from layoffs are moving to Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. The technology teams overseas dwarf the ones in the US. And to add insult to injury US tech workers are training these overseas workers before being given the boot. If you refuse no severance package. Y'all better learn a 2nd language if you work for a global corporation.

Outsourcing hubs like India to bag 40% of jobs lost to layoffs
Experts say that 30-40% of the more than 300,000 technology jobs lost to layoffs globally could move to outsourcing hubs like India in the coming months.

A lot of these jobs are likely to be redistributed across the existing workforce of large tech companies in India, they said.

Sanjay Shetty, director-professional search and selection, Randstad India, expects 30-40% of tech jobs that were cut globally to move to India by 2024-25.
Why isn't our government not getting involved..

how many of these CEO's are Indian and now that massive shift of money is going to india.

this doesn't raise anyone red flags

UpNext

Superstar
Daps

how many of these CEO's are Indian and now that massive shift of money is going to india.

Because all their palms are being greased by these Big Tech firms to not say anything

Last edited:

Forsaken

All Star
Daps

The CEO only cares about the stock price.

Plenty of jobs it just sucks you have to keep upskilling forever.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I told my parents imma start looking for a new job. My company had over a year to get this separation from our previous parent company, and all the responsibilities my team in particular gas taken on, but they still haven't changed our pay :upsetfavre: talmbout changes will be made companywide going forward the next fiscal year... you mean SEPTEMBER?! :why: I aint got time gor this shyt. I put so much on hold to see what the final result is gonna be and it's this :francis: And I'm STILL not sure they'll do right by us.

I'm on the hunt but this thread, the number of applicants I've seen on reqs, and a looming wider conflict in the middle east that would undoubtedly affect our economy make me worry.... pray for me brehs!! :sadcam:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I told my parents imma start looking for a new job. My company had over a year to get this separation from our previous parent company, and all the responsibilities my team in particular gas taken on, but they still haven't changed our pay :upsetfavre: talmbout changes will be made companywide going forward the next fiscal year... you mean SEPTEMBER?! :why: I aint got time gor this shyt. I put so much on hold to see what the final result is gonna be and it's this :francis: And I'm STILL not sure they'll do right by us.

I'm on the hunt but this thread, the number of applicants I've seen on reqs, and a looming wider conflict in the middle east that would undoubtedly affect our economy make me worry.... pray for me brehs!! :sadcam:
That's such a tough position to be in. Part of why I left my old company was due to not getting a promotion or a major raise beyond COL in 10 years. When I brought it up initially they said HR was taking on a huge project to reclassify every position in the company and provide a career pathway to moving up in the company. They gave us a year timeline for the project. 18 months later and they were still saying it was a year away. Meanwhile the employees all left holding our dikks hoping for more money down the road.

I still follow a bunch of them on linkedin now and two and a half years later starting to see a lot of people get director/VP titles that was on the same level as me. Definitely has me wondering if I would've got one. But the company pays well below market rate too so I'm probably still making more money than a lot of those people.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because you can't trust a politician. Both Democrats and Republicans are complicit. That's what Bothsides is all about exposing both major political party.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wnot4tI.png

Code:
https://brilliantblackminds.karat.com/sign-up-brilliant-black-minds?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=blacks-in-technology&mc_cid=de48c9f278