Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Stupid ass recruiter was blowing me up for two hours….

I call him back and ask him to email me a job description and he goes Ghost :gucci:

90% of these mufukkas are retarded as hell now. I rarely even get calls from regular american recruiters like in the past. 90% of shyt is random ass spam bullshyt :snoop:

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Stupid ass recruiter was blowing me up for two hours….

I call him back and ask him to email me a joh description and he goes Ghost :gucci:

90% of these mufukkas are retarded as hell now. I rarely even get calls from regular american recruiters like in the past. 90% of shyt is random ass spam bullshyt :snoop:

Most recruiters calling you unsolicited are either Indian or strain, Spammers or scammers

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's crazy how everyone (companies) were saying AI wouldn't kill jobs..

those were business people sides of the companies not knowing how impactdul generational AI would be fueled by the over hiring during covid..

now the repercussions are companies cutting jobs to be "more competitive", and IT folks are saying we can get done for cheaper (lay offs)

message to thecoli.. go for differentiating roles, learn how to use AI to your advantage, stack money/self employ and buckle up.. :mjcry:
It's not AI though.
It's directly tied to those rising interest rates.

That faucet of money getting cut impacted everything from how fast houses are being moved
to how quickly jobs are getting thrown up.

The money isn't flowing like it was four years ago.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of these jobs from layoffs are moving to Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. The technology teams overseas dwarf the ones in the US. And to add insult to injury US tech workers are training these overseas workers before being given the boot. If you refuse no severance package. Y'all better learn a 2nd language if you work for a global corporation.

Outsourcing hubs like India to bag 40% of jobs lost to layoffs
Experts say that 30-40% of the more than 300,000 technology jobs lost to layoffs globally could move to outsourcing hubs like India in the coming months.

A lot of these jobs are likely to be redistributed across the existing workforce of large tech companies in India, they said.

Sanjay Shetty, director-professional search and selection, Randstad India, expects 30-40% of tech jobs that were cut globally to move to India by 2024-25.

morris

Superstar
Daps
It's not AI though.
It's directly tied to those rising interest rates.

That faucet of money getting cut impacted everything from how fast houses are being moved
to how quickly jobs are getting thrown up.

The money isn't flowing like it was four years ago.

It's a combo of all these moving parts.

What I am seeing though is a deficit in service. Airlines, in particular, have sites/apps that are down a lot and some of the worst customer service in history.

It reminded me of COVID. I flew on Air France on a work trip to Paris in 2022 ... and I was with a group of about 30 people from the SAME flight all had missing luggage and no one knew anything in baggage. THIS is what happens when you hire less staff but expect stellar service.

Twitter has been pure shyt lately. Thotbots and Extreme Right "users" are relevant

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a combo of all these moving parts.

What I am seeing though is a deficit in service. Airlines, in particular, have sites/apps that are down a lot and some of the worst customer service in history.

It reminded me of COVID. I flew on Air France on a work trip to Paris in 2022 ... and I was with a group of about 30 people from the SAME flight all had missing luggage and no one knew anything in baggage. THIS is what happens when you hire less staff but expect stellar service.

Twitter has been pure shyt lately. Thotbots and Extreme Right "users" are relevant

@Insensitive is right
Literally, everything you said after the first line points back to precisely what he told you: rising interest rates

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried Revature but they're on some stupid shyt so I went the Dev10 route. I have a behavioral interview with them on Tuesday. :manny:
Few years ago I would have never done this but getting paid to learn SQL and JavaScript for 3 months and potentially getting placed with a company Bank of America or Delta sounds like a dream compared to sitting at home sending out hundreds of applications and not getting 1 interview.:manny:
I have about 40K saved up so I'm good with wherever they relocate me. Its a 2 year contract so I'll be about 31 when it's done so hopefully the job market is back to a respectable level. Wish me luck.:manny:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Had an interview for J2 job stack today, $85k role (trying to take on something more chill).

It was a startup.
1. Today's interview was with the job recruiter.
2. Next is hiring manager interview for cultural fit.
3. Tech interview/algo round next after.
4. Architecture round.
5. Interview with product team
6. Interview with founder.

How you going to have an architecture interview for a Junior position? These companies lost their dang minds.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had an interview for J2 today, $85k role (trying to take on something more chill).

It was a startup.
1. Today's was interview with recruiter.
4. Architecture round.

How you going to have an architecture interview for a Junior position? These companies lost their dang minds.
No such thing as Juniors in this job market. If companies can exploit you in anyway they'll try. I've never seen it this bad before.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Had an interview for J2 today, $85k role (trying to take on something more chill).

It was a startup.
1. Today's interview was with the job recruiter.
4. Architecture round.

These MFs doing this shyt for shyts and giggles. This market is retarded AF :scust: