Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Euro Countries in particular tend to have a ton of protections when it comes to Layoffs.
In general they get treated better than other tech workers globally. Especially when it comes to taking tons of vacation almost on day freaking one.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
~500 applications since December 1st, 0 interviews so far lol.:beli:
Any sane person would have given up by now but I've invested way too much time studying and doing projects the last year to just say fukk it. :beli:
0 interviews mean there's something wrong with ur resume...

rewrite ur resume like this

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Any sane person would have given up by now but I've invested way too much time studying and doing projects the last year to just say fukk it. :beli:

Yes not just that, buddy needs to right a resume to get past the ATS system.

Try tealhq.com resume builder. I used that and was able to make some nice adjustments.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Facts. Also cats can't have too big of an ego to have other people look over the resume. I had a friend like this who would complain about all the jobs he was applying to and getting no hits. I told him I used to be a hiring manager so let me at least look over the resume to see if anything stands out that would make me immediately disqualify it. He'd never send it over. Then I looked his linked in page up and it was the most elementary ass page with basic grammatical errors and his job descriptions were horrible.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I'm one of these 6/6/6 WFH professional emailers and my worst nightmare is copy/pasting our internal Slack talk to a client response email

I triple check my shyt before sending, FOH with a careless approach to my livelihood.

I say all that to say to laid off brehs (I was last year for 3 months) that making your resume get past the algorithm is a filter for not triple checking your shyt.
I'm talking shyt like spacing, font size, etc. Believe it or not that bullshyt matters. You're dealing with a machine.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I want a promotion why not just quit and find a better job.
weebey-thewire.gif

• Dap
Reactions: rlg

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
You also have to opt out of identifying gender, race, and sexuality. Once I did that I git a hit from a recruiter setting up an Interview the next day

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Monkey see, monkey do
Elon laying off 75% of Twitter staff (although not as efficient…Twitter/X is still around)

PE firms, executives, banks now assume most companies in the tech space can and should operate more lean in terms of workforce.

This is the new standard, adapt.

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
biden_PNG25.png

Tech layoffs: Dell removes around 6,000 employees to cut costs​

Ericsson to layoff 12,000 Employees in Sweden​

Sheesh…no wonder why we are all having a harder time than normal getting hired.

First, you have to pitch your resume, then get past the ATS, then the initial recruiter call, then the hiring manager, then a series of interview and projects/presentations Before making it to the final decision stage. Add in experienced and those from big corporations and this is a video game-level progression.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sheesh…no wonder why we are all having a harder time than normal getting hired.

First, you have to pitch your resume, then get past the ATS, then the initial recruiter call, then the hiring manager, then a series of interview and projects/presentations Before making it to the final decision stage. Add in experienced and those from big corporations and this is a video game-level progression.
The minute a tech job gets posted companies are getting inundated with applicants. If you're not one of the first hundred applicants or are overqualified you probably don't stand a chance.

I'm seeing companies stop accepting applicants after only 24/hrs of posting a high paying job. And it's only gonna get worse because the Recession hasn't hit yet.