Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Corporations are using AI as a smokescreen for tech job losses. Those jobs are more than likely going to cheaper overseas labor instead. Companies can increasingly move jobs all over the globe pretty easily now. I work with way more foreigners than I did just 5 years ago.
I think the more savvy companies saw the writing on the wall and started home grown Nap houses so that they don't have to mess with H1Bs. Pretty sure I mentioned it with my company starting a center in Hyderabad or some shyt and trying to make it seem like it's not actually outsourcing. Talmbout we been cutting contractors left and right, but upping hiring at these international locations - but particularly in India center :skip: . But they aren't replacing anybody :whoa: , but if you don't RTO you'll be cut loose and replaced :ufdup:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Lol outsourcing is really. Company I worked had a bunch of American workers but had offices in India and Romania to support clients at night time. They went through rounds n rounds of layoffs... American workers h1b got cut left and fight. Now most jobs are opened in Romania

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I promise you AI isnt killing software engineering no time soon.
In the last month I have applied to 4500 jobs, largely with lazyApply but also the non annoying manual applications. Im EXPECTING and HOPING to get some good news within the next week but what a fukking ride.

Best cast scenario is that the interest rate start going down by Summer and the numbers actually pop back up
How has lazyapply been?

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
~500 applications since December 1st, 0 interviews so far lol.:beli:
Any sane person would have given up by now but I've invested way too much time studying and doing projects the last year to just say fukk it. :beli:
In the meantime, write a software in a language you’re not too comfortable with. Sounds strange. But it’ll make out if you something you did not expect.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
How has lazyapply been?
Jives good to great with Indeed (although Indeed itself has died out with number of jobs available to me), LinkedIn, and simplyHired. Works pretty good with Careerbuilder but that stalled out for me.

Glassdoor and ZipRecruiter integrations have been nightmarish. Glassdoor currently has issues with actually hitting the Easy Apply button, but if you sorta babysit it and let the automation work its not bad as long as you are ok with hit the Easy Apply button yourself, rinse wash and repeat, it can work. ZipRecruiter applications on the other hand have bad mapping, with one question per page and will every now and then tell the employer I required sponsorship 🤣.

The Chrome extension for manual applications is a bit janky (you'll have to review some of the input fields yourself, especially address fields) but its actually a pretty big time saver

I avoid Dice, I aint trying to get Nap'd to death

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Corporations are using AI as a smokescreen for tech job losses. Those jobs are more than likely going to cheaper overseas labor instead. Companies can increasingly move jobs all over the globe pretty easily now. I work with way more foreigners than I did just 5 years ago.
Company laid off a bunch of US developers and shipped their jobs to Poland,

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
~500 applications since December 1st, 0 interviews so far lol.:beli:
Any sane person would have given up by now but I've invested way too much time studying and doing projects the last year to just say fukk it. :beli:
Gahdamn.

Its not just you though breh. I’ve had only a handful when just 4 years ago I would be doing that in a week.

All I mostly be getting/seeing is a bunch of spam recruiters, MSP roles, and ghost jobs. Some straight up bullshyt out here now.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Jives good to great with Indeed (although Indeed itself has died out with number of jobs available to me), LinkedIn, and simplyHired. Works pretty good with Careerbuilder but that stalled out for me.

Glassdoor and ZipRecruiter integrations have been nightmarish. Glassdoor currently has issues with actually hitting the Easy Apply button, but if you sorta babysit it and let the automation work its not bad as long as you are ok with hit the Easy Apply button yourself, rinse wash and repeat, it can work. ZipRecruiter applications on the other hand have bad mapping, with one question per page and will every now and then tell the employer I required sponsorship 🤣.

The Chrome extension for manual applications is a bit janky (you'll have to review some of the input fields yourself, especially address fields) but its actually a pretty big time saver

I avoid Dice, I aint trying to get Nap'd to death
Doesnit have a a feature to exclude certain companies or job boards? Lol id want to avoid my job

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Company laid off a bunch of US developers and shipped their jobs to Poland,
I've worked with a ton of people in Poland most are pretty good. But companies tend to coddle workers in Europe. While treating everyone else globally like trash. But everyone is treated better than tech workers in the US.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I've worked with a ton of people in Poland most are pretty good. But companies tend to coddle workers in Europe. While treating everyone else globally like trash. But everyone is treated better than tech workers in the US.

The Euro Countries in particular tend to have a ton of protections when it comes to Layoffs.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps

Rather work in the US than India. They be under paying them for the amount of work they do over there.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Tech workers do get treated like shyt because IMO people feel they make good money and don't work much. Plus a lot of Tech companies either run by past nerd who has 0 soft skills and treats their workers like slaves or non-tech and makes dumb decisions due to their lack of understanding. Easily influenced by the next big thing.

Bet if I charged OT they would not even be asking me for half the shyt they do.