Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've been applying to other remote roles (non-SWE) for J2. I'm getting about 30% denies (email replies) and ghosted on the rest.

Like legit entry level, low-effort, non-degree requiring clerical jobs are saying "no" and I'm giving them a salary range that they have listed. Resume has got very positive feedback when reviewed by professionals so I know it's not that. I'm expecting that if I can't get an interview for these roles, other people are probably getting it pretty bad right now. Job market seems flooded and it's not just tech.

Edit - basically this:

yeah its the same here in canada, even finding a menial job is tough as hell
thats why i do uber on the side

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I've been applying to other remote roles (non-SWE) for J2. I'm getting about 30% denies (email replies) and ghosted on the rest.

Like legit entry level, low-effort, non-degree requiring clerical jobs are saying "no" and I'm giving them a salary range that they have listed. Resume has got very positive feedback when reviewed by professionals so I know it's not that. I'm expecting that if I can't get an interview for these roles, other people are probably getting it pretty bad right now. Job market seems flooded and it's not just tech.

Edit - basically this:

It’s wild. Never had this much issue ever before. I have a job but mentally ready to get away from it. At this point my wife and I just making plans for me to exit the job market and focus 100 percent of my time on growing my business. I’ve talk to quite a few people with far more school and consistent work resumes having the same problem. I was late to the 9-5 way of life and it’s time to just exit it again personally.

morris

Superstar
Daps
How does a shytty job posting for Quality Builders have any relevancy or correlation to tech job layoffs or the tech market in general….?
Simple: It's showing just how much of an advantage employers have for positions in the tech world that typically pad more and AI cannot really touch right now as it involves a lot of human interaction (Project Management & Customer Success all come to mind)

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
fredgraph.png

:francis:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Simple: It's showing just how much of an advantage employers have for positions in the tech world that typically pad more and AI cannot really touch right now as it involves a lot of human interaction (Project Management & Customer Success all come to mind)

Quality Builders is not in the tech world breh….

morris

Superstar
Daps
Anyone here having projects to do before (or after) speaking with the hiring manager?

I've had spreadsheet exercises, case studies/scenarios (usually takes more than an hour) as well as others who have you placing them in a PPT presentation.

I think I will stop doing this (as I do not do pre-recorded video interview submissions) as I've gotten through every assignment and had great feedback regarding calls, the get the No-reply email.

Funny story:
-Had an interview yesterday @ 5:30p EST
-Clicked the Zoom link @ time; invalid link
-Tried a few times and also called the Zoom link, same result
-Emailed the d the lady ... email bounced back! Your message wasn't delivered to PERSON@company.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

that was funny to me

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My manager was telling me how horrible the job market is. We're trying to fill a Sales Engineer req in Costa Rica and he said they got 120 applicants in a day.

One of his colleagues with a PhD has been on the market for over a year too. Just crazy times.