Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finally got an offer after 6 months out of the market. Back in tech sales. 200k OTE.

Honestly I'd like to around 220 - 230K but I'm in the south and honestly I won't gawk at it in this market. Just grateful and working back at an older company I worked for so I'm a boomerang employee and it's a place I thrived prior. I had strong internal recommendations.

So one of the things I recommend is to not burn any bridges in your career. Also learn from your mistakes and setbacks and move forward.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Finally got an offer after 6 months out of the market. Back in tech sales. 200k OTE.

Honestly I'd like to around 220 - 230K but I'm in the south and honestly I won't gawk at it in this market. Just grateful and working back at an older company I worked for so I'm a boomerang employee and it's a place I thrived prior. I had strong internal recommendations.

So one of the things I recommend is to not burn any bridges in your career. Also learn from your mistakes and setbacks and move forward.

Congrats

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Anybody in this thread familiar with OE know where a list of the official "rules" are or are these just basically looser rules people follow?

Like for example if you're doing government jobs or healthcare can you tell J2 when you're interviewing that you're going for J2 so they know up front?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/8
Today we're excited to introduce Devin, the first AI software engineer.

Devin is the new state-of-the-art on the SWE-Bench coding benchmark, has successfully passed practical engineering interviews from leading AI companies, and has even completed real jobs on Upwork.

Devin is an autonomous agent that solves engineering tasks through the use of its own shell, code editor, and web browser.

When evaluated on the SWE-Bench benchmark, which asks an AI to resolve GitHub issues found in real-world open-source projects, Devin correctly resolves 13.86% of the issues unassisted, far exceeding the previous state-of-the-art model performance of 1.96% unassisted and 4.80% assisted.

Check out what Devin can do in the thread below.

2/8
Today we're excited to introduce Devin, the first AI software engineer.

Devin is the new state-of-the-art on the SWE-Bench coding benchmark, has successfully passed practical engineering interviews from leading AI companies, and has even completed real jobs on Upwork.

Devin is an autonomous agent that solves engineering tasks through the use of its own shell, code editor, and web browser.

When evaluated on the SWE-Bench benchmark, which asks an AI to resolve GitHub issues found in real-world open-source projects, Devin correctly resolves 13.86% of the issues unassisted, far exceeding the previous state-of-the-art model performance of 1.96% unassisted and 4.80% assisted.

Check out what Devin can do in the thread below.Today we're excited to introduce Devin, the first AI software engineer.

Check out what Devin can do in the thread below.

3/8
1/4 Devin can learn how to use unfamiliar technologies.

4/8
2/4 Devin can contribute to mature production repositories.

5/8
3/4 Devin can train and fine tune its own AI models.

6/8
4/4 We even tried giving Devin real jobs on Upwork and it could do those too!

7/8
For more details on Devin, check out our blog post here: For more details on Devin, check out our blog post here: See Devin in action
If you have any project ideas, drop them below and we'll forward them to Devin.

See Devin in action
If you have any project ideas, drop them below and we'll forward them to Devin.

8/8
We'd like to thank all our supporters who have helped us get to where we are today, including @patrickc, @collision, @eladgil, @saranormous, Chris Re, @eglyman, @karimatiyeh, @bernhardsson, @t_xu, @FEhrsam, @foundersfund, and many more.

If you’re excited to solve some of the…

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't think this is as impressive as they think it is given that the answers to these problems are out there on the Internet and don't necessarily correspond to real world scenarios.
This is slightly more impressive but it still depends on the complexity of the open issues.

Probably a larger problem they're going to have with these AI models is incorporating domain knowledge and company bureaucratic knowledge. Just because it knows what changes to make, doesn't mean it can navigate the red tape required to actually do it. For example my team was just trying to get access to pull data from another group's database. Trivial. Except the dude in charge doesn't want to play ball. AI can't handle that, and business people don't know the technical details to negotiate for access.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I don't think this is as impressive as they think it is given that the answers to these problems are out there on the Internet and don't necessarily correspond to real world scenarios.

This is slightly more impressive but it still depends on the complexity of the open issues.

Probably a larger problem they're going to have with these AI models is incorporating domain knowledge and company bureaucratic knowledge. Just because it knows what changes to make, doesn't mean it can navigate the red tape required to actually do it. For example my team was just trying to get access to pull data from another group's database. Trivial. Except the dude in charge doesn't want to play ball. AI can't handle that, and business people don't know the technical details to negotiate for access.