Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
What if they had contract positions that only lasted a specified amount of time.

I’ve screened thousands of resumes in my lifetime. And yes, I would red flag, time at previous employer in addition to gaps in employment. But I didn’t discard all of those cv’s automatically. I hired some good people from that pile. And if your job has those protocols in place, obviously the candidate pool is oversaturated so you have that luxury. But it’s still a lazy approach.
Typically candidates will label their stops as contract if it isn’t already a 3rd party company that makes the stop an obvious 6 month contract. As well, what I’m picking from is super generalized and not niche (it was however while in staffing), oj top of our roles being remote which is going back to being a rarity. It’s allowing us access to top tier quality for rates that are back down to rear th compared to even just a year ago.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you are in tech please look into over employment if you are remote. These companies don't give a fukk about you, start looking out for yourself. If youre worried about getting caught don't be...

These HR departments are shyt and the background checks are a joke. I just went through a public trust SF-85 check for a contract Im doing on the side and they didn't find shyt or detect the lies on my resume.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you are in tech please look into over employment if you are remote. These companies don't give a fukk about you, start looking out for yourself. If youre worried about getting caught don't be...

These HR departments are shyt and the background checks are a joke. I just went through a public trust SF-85 check for a contract Im doing on the side and they didn't find shyt or detect the lies on my resume.
Yep. Most of these background checks are outsourced to third and fourth parties who could care less. The Feds even got caught rubber stamping security clearances before getting caught.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just found out the project I got hired for last year just got their grant money cut since it wasn't making progress as fast as they wanted. Ain't nobody said shyt to me yet tho but taking matters into my own hand and putting apps in to fill mfs out. Shyt was gonna be up in like 3 mos anyway so may just end up being expedited. Hate the whole process of applying and interviewing tho

giphy.gif

On the bright side, hit a lick on 4 new fresh certs in the healthcare tech field that should have me hella marketable in the consultant world

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Just found out the project I got hired for last year just got their grant money cut since it wasn't making progress as fast as they wanted. Ain't nobody said shyt to me yet tho but taking matters into my own hand and putting apps in to fill mfs out. Shyt was gonna be up in like 3 mos anyway so may just end up being expedited. Hate the whole process of applying and interviewing tho

giphy.gif

On the bright side, hit a lick on 4 new fresh certs in the healthcare tech field that should have me hella marketable in the consultant world
Lazyapply, pay them their money because it’s worth it :ufdup:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Yup. I said I'm sending out resumes today to look for another job.

It occurred to me to just look for a 2nd job. fukk these companies, it ain't against the law.

Going to look into contract work as well.

Last edited:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Do NOT do OE if you work on any federal government/clearance related shyt. That's rule number 3 of OE.

I personally know someone who was doing it while working for a defense contractor (with an active clearance) and he got fired. They can see that shyt and you will get pulled up on it eventually.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I would say don't do that shyt if you in healthcare either cuz E -Corp (mfs who damn near got a monopoly on the tech/software in hospitals) will 🐀 you out if they see multiple logins but....I did get away with it last year come to think about it.

I was logging into E-Corp with two different usernames with two different companies and never heard a peep. Wonder if I should press my luck again:patrice:

Last edited:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Do NOT do OE if you work on any federal government/clearance related shyt. That's rule number 3 of OE.

I personally know someone who was doing it while working for a defense contractor (with an active clearance) and he got fired. They can see that shyt and you will get pulled up on it eventually.
That mother fukker is a fool. :scust:

Having a clearance is the end goal or should be anyway.

USAjobs.gov is basically handing out contracts if you’re TS or can obtain it. Some you don’t even need relevant experience

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That mother fukker is a fool. :scust:

Having a clearance is the end goal or should be anyway.

USAjobs.gov is basically handing out contracts if you’re TS or can obtain it. Some you don’t even need relevant experience

Facts.

I'm location agnostic and I don't want to have to report my travel to the government and I OE so I opt out of any clearance related roles.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A real clearance is much different than a Public Trust. A public trust is just a glorified criminal background check.

I definitely wouldn’t try it with an actual clearance. I just wanted to show that even a “thorough” background check like the SF-85 is trash. So imagine what these private companies are doing. Just lock your The Work Number account, delete your LinkedIn and they are pretty much blind

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A real clearance is much different than a Public Trust. A public trust is just a glorified criminal background check.

I definitely wouldn’t try it with an actual clearance. I just wanted to show that even a “thorough” background check like the SF-85 is trash. So imagine what these private companies are doing. Just lock your The Work Number account, delete your LinkedIn and they are pretty much blind

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Officially started to apply for J2. fukk these companies man.

In some of these cases, CEO's must fire people because shareholders can send them to jail on some "You didn't consider my shareholder asset over your employees first."

I read Henry Ford was sued by shareholders because he put the company's and employees' health over the shareholders' profits. Those shareholders went on to start Dodge and suing Ford gave them a chance to cripple Ford in order to level the playing field.

Dodge v. Ford is one corporate law’s iconic decisions, regularly taught in law school and regularly cited as one of corporate law’s core shareholder primacy decisions. Ford Motor slashed its dividend in 1916 and minority stockholders—the Dodge brothers—successfully sued Ford Motor Company for a big dividend payout. Ford had justified skipping the dividend because he sought to do well for employees and America’s car buyers, with corporate profits a secondary motivation. The court largely rejected Ford’s justifications for holding back the dividend.

That's how fukked up this shyt is. Get yours.