Supporter
Daps
AI killing military jobs innit
full

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
AI might do my job today, but I'm getting paid for doing it back when I was still in :wow:
Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten my act together and joined up. Might have even gotten into West Point if I gave half a damn at the time
sadness-beach.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten my act together and joined up. Might have even gotten into West Point if I gave half a damn at the time
sadness-beach.gif
i stay trying to tell folks - you can get shot, get ptsd, lose your family and more as a civilian and end up owing money. but in the military, at least you're compensated somewhat appropriately lmao

people been getting outperformed by excel spreadsheets and automation for decades. one union deals with that better than the rest tho

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
AI killing military jobs innit
full
Man, this is why I think it funny when people talk about manual labor jobs are safe from A.I.

Robotics imo is the next big field in A.I, it's already underway as it stands.

shyt, if there's anything the U.S Military wants A.I for and what they'll fund, it's manual labor.

Some of the drones they're working on you already know are insane :wow:

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the only good thing I say about government jobs is the pension. I get HOOPP as I work for a hospital, pension is matched. Also I've been working from home since march 2020 but no year end bonus, lucky to get a 3% raise but still thankful.

My mom is getting 3,500 a month from HOOPP and then 1,200 from CPP and then 700 from old age

And yeah my dad was a welder for over 40 years, no company pension. He got sort of lucky as the company closed when he was 63 and he got 150k severance. If not he would have retired with just what he had in the bank and CPP
Yea. My mom worked for the bank and got pension and she’s retired now telling me about all the money she gets every month. If a company is. Not giving you pension or favorable 401k match then they need to pay more.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Sadly this is going to lead to more cyber attacks similar to the one that Change Healthcare got hit with.