Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
On the HR side of things if we see you’ve job hopped every year or less we aren’t touching the app knowing we aren’t getting labor out of you and you’re only here for onboarding and the next bump in pay from someone else :manny:
That’s a lazy approach. Maybe the company’s they worked for were trash or had bad management. Or maybe they simply weren’t challenged enough.

You want to hire people and have them stick around, but what are you offering besides money?

You just want bodies.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
That’s a lazy approach. Maybe the company’s they worked for were trash or had bad management. Or maybe they simply weren’t challenged enough.

You want to hire people and have them stick around, but what are you offering besides money?

You just want bodies.
No, most hiring managers want at minimum 2 years of labor out of their new resource. It’s not lazy, it’s being strategic with hiring someone that will be of better use than a person you know won’t be invested. Also is highly likely to bounce immediately after a paycheck that adds $1 extra to their next direct deposit than at least “attempting” to climb the internal salary ladder.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
No, most hiring managers want at minimum 2 years of labor out of their new resource. It’s not lazy, it’s being strategic with hiring someone that will be of better use than a person you know won’t be invested. Also is highly likely to bounce immediately after a paycheck that adds $1 extra to their next direct deposit than at least “attempting” to climb the internal salary ladder.
A minimum of 2 years at what cost? You’re basically saying you don’t want top talent. You want workers who do just enough to satisfy your protocols/assignments and just be content with that.

You don’t appear to want to hire juniors for fear they will level up. And you don’t want workers who are talented enough to have options.

You might as well outsource. For the most part hiring managers are useless at times.

At the end of the day, you just want to cover your ass, and keep your attrition low, until they decided to downsize.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PM put their 2 week notice in, that's why his ass took two days to get back to my ticket comments (usually dude responds quick) :mjlol: :heh:

Cats are definitely jumping ship at my company.

Dude was with the company for a long ass time and if it's anything like the weak ass raises they've been giving then I'm pretty sure dude easily found a job that pays much more.

Just finished my resume. Touching it up this week and sending them out on Monday.

Yep. Had 2 jump ship on my side. I'm not getting as much attention from recruiters these days. It has gone to once in a blue moon.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mom was a nurse for 35 years. She retired and couldn't even get a damn watch anymore

It's bad. Employers know they're fukking employees. Just look at benefits and perks. Employers should have 401K/RRSP...some match 1:1 (ideal) many do not. That should be automatic for every employee at every company. If they're not going to offer pensions, step up the pay. I fear a lot of us are going to hit 65 and not be able to retire because there's no money.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
A minimum of 2 years at what cost? You’re basically saying you don’t want top talent. You want workers who do just enough to satisfy your protocols/assignments and just be content with that.

You don’t appear to want to hire juniors for fear they will level up. And you don’t want workers who are talented enough to have options.

You might as well outsource. For the most part hiring managers are useless at times.

At the end of the day, you just want to cover your ass, and keep your attrition low, until they decided to downsize.
Lol, you sound jaded and you’re twisting things. Top talent yes, jr’s also ready to step up is a gigantic yes. If we know someone is a job hopper we aren’t touching that candidate, it makes zero business sense. If we are going to invest resources into onboarding we would want at least a 22 month ROI

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it but 3 jobs in 3 years is crazy though.
That's nothing in cybersecurity. During the pandemic I was jumping ship for more money every 6 months. Companies that just got breached don't care about job hopping.
:yeshrug: