Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Gemini 1.5 pro is STILL under hyped

I uploaded an entire codebase directly from github, AND all of the issues (
@vercel
ai sdk,)

Not only was it able to understand the entire codebase, it identified the most urgent issue, and IMPLEMENTED a fix.

This changes everything

GG0CwifbsAA2g8-.jpg

GG0C2CSbYAA0J9b.jpg

GG0DIf-b0AAnNRK.jpg

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
PM put their 2 week notice in, that's why his ass took two days to get back to my ticket comments (usually dude responds quick) :mjlol: :heh:

Cats are definitely jumping ship at my company.

Dude was with the company for a long ass time and if it's anything like the weak ass raises they've been giving then I'm pretty sure dude easily found a job that pays much more.

Just finished my resume. Touching it up this week and sending them out on Monday.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Company reached out to me for a C++ position in Philly last week. Told me they were gonna forward my info over to the manager and reach out to me. I wouldn’t mind heading to Philly so I really hope I get a shot a shot at an interview.:beli:
You know C++ like that :jbhmm: ?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PM put their 2 week notice in, cats are definitely jumping ship at my company :mjlol: :heh:

Just finished my resume. Touching it up this week and sending them out on Monday.
Same shyt happening at mine. No layoffs for us, just people seizing other opportunities. Skeleton crew would be an improvement. Shooting resumes out phlegm during flu season.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
H-1B visa: President Joe Biden’s proposed immigration bill could bring relief for Indian techies, IT firms

How Biden's new order can become a big booster for Indian students, H-1B visa holders

Joint Statement from the United States and India | The White House

He's definitely got a hand in this bs. Stop the cap. They overhire because of shyt like this.

Indians must be lobbying them.

FBA people need to get on code and do some politics.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Same shyt happening at mine. No layoffs for us, just people seizing other opportunities. Skeleton crew would be an improvement. Shooting resumes out phlegm during flu season.
Yeah, our company had layoffs back in November and people started to leave as well after that on their own.

CEO had a town hall recently that was wack af and you can hear him grasp for straws when rambling about the company's future.

Dude legit asking for people not to leave or get discouraged.

These CEO's really want us to go down with their sinking ship :pachaha:

I guess they don't realize tech is a large world and we got plenty of options :umad:

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, our company had layoffs back in November and people started to leave as well after that on their own.

CEO had a town hall recently that was wack af and you can hear him grasp for straws when rambling about the company's future.

Dude legit asking for people not to leave or get discouraged.

These CEO's really want us to go down with their sinking ship :pachaha:

I guess they don't realize tech is a large world and we got plenty of options :umad:
All facts and unless you are entry level or a high end programmer trying to get into FAANG, jobs are out there.

No reason to hang on for a wack shop thats letting its teams die off.