Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
H-1B visa: President Joe Biden’s proposed immigration bill could bring relief for Indian techies, IT firms

How Biden's new order can become a big booster for Indian students, H-1B visa holders

Joint Statement from the United States and India | The White House

He's definitely got a hand in this bs. Stop the cap. They overhire because of shyt like this.

most are good people, I work with them.

but we have to put a cap on the foreign tech workers coming into the country.

people dont realize the salaries that these people are pulling in that Americans are not seeing.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
most are good people, I work with them.

but we have to put a cap on the foreign tech workers coming into the country.

people dont realize the salaries that these people are pulling in that Americans are not seeing.
I agree most are good people to your face. But when I see things like this

It does make me wonder what's really going on with some of these folks. Why are caste bills getting pushed for and how do these people really view black folks with this caste mindset they're bringing over here?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I agree most are good people to your face. But when I see things like this

It does make me wonder what's really going on with some of these folks. Why are caste bills getting pushed for and how do these people really view black folks with this caste mindset they're bringing over here?
wasnt so much that a caste bill was pushed, I think this bill would ban caste descrimination.

The problem is that:

> Newsom vetoed it for what ever reason I dont understand. Descrimination of any kind should be outlawed. I def believe he was lobbied.

> I have no doubt that anti black ness is a cultural deficiency of theirs.

Interestingly enough enough, I get along best with dark skinned Indians and light punjabi ones.

But its the indians who we would categorize as "mix" that are some of the most bizarre set of humans I have interacted with in my life.

I think mulatto indians are like mulatoes around the world. Crazy and confused.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know C++ like that :jbhmm: ?
I'm like a 6/10 in C++. It was my first language and what they taught for my CS degree. I've been using Swift mainly for my projects this last year but I've been doing LeetCode in C++. I also started to realize that Swift jobs are kind of limited so I have to branch out into C++.:beli:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:ehh:
I've said the same thing (like many of you as well).

My principle: I'm going to chase the money and work-life balance 9/10. That only 1/10 time I won't is if it's a cause I truly believe in and the team there is on the same vibe. I'll do it for at a minimum of 80% of the pay then because we're making the world a better place.

Most of these companies though aren't doing shyt though. It's mostly vapor ware or cheap products that exist simply to make a CEO money so I'm going to chase the money until I find a good cause and am surrounded by people who want the same thing.

“Having hired over 500 engineers personally in my career, if your resume came across my list, I would definitely pass.”
These comments on the internet make me laugh. fukk you and what you think :mjlol: It's a meaningless, stupid job 9/10:heh:

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just withdrew my name from consideration after being asked to do a fourth interview on a Friday no less.

Get the fukk outta here Friday is considered the weekend for me. :mjlol:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Just withdrew my name from consideration after being asked to do a fourth interview on a Friday no less.

Get the fukk outta here Friday is considered the weekend for me. :mjlol:

I mean why would they ever fix their tech interview process when they could find some H1B goofy that's willing to put up with it and they can spread the propaganda that American tech workers are spoiled and entitled.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Lol, it says "proposed". There are always proposed H1b bills, immigration bills in general, they all die quick deaths, since congress won't even look at them.

Biden sucks, but a lot of the BS we're seeing in the tech industry is of its own making
Software engineers/coders/web developers in other countries make a fraction of what they make in this country. This was bound to happen eventually. It happened with call centers.

And just wait until AI gets entrenched into the financial sector. The same thing is going to happen.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Software engineers/coders/web developers in other countries make a fraction of what they make in this country. This was bound to happen eventually. It happened with call centers.

And just wait until AI gets entrenched into the financial sector. The same thing is going to happen.
They pay Indians in sandwiches for real. It’s like $1.25 per hour for basic coders offshore

Good luck though on if their shyt never needs correcting after delivering :pachaha:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They pay Indians in sandwiches for real. It’s like $1.25 per hour for basic coders offshore

Good luck though on if their shyt never needs correcting after delivering :pachaha:
shyt, good luck if the shyt ever needs critical thinking during implementation :skip: . You see our resident group of call center employees on The Coli is really only good at copying and pasting, shyt ain't different in tech :mjlol:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
On the HR side of things if we see you’ve job hopped every year or less we aren’t touching the app knowing we aren’t getting labor out of you and you’re only here for onboarding and the next bump in pay from someone else :manny:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
On the HR side of things if we see you’ve job hopped every year or less we aren’t touching the app knowing we aren’t getting labor out of you and you’re only here for onboarding and the next bump in pay from someone else :manny:
What about title changes within the same company :lupe: