Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:hubie: you not doing corporate America right if you not actively trying to get him fired and take his spot.
shyt, that's what corporate wants you to do. Chances they just going to dump work on him with higher expectations :mjlol: :heh:

Bide your time, learn as much as possible from what they're doing/what they're doing wrong and when the company looks for someone else the job is yours if you want it. Their expectations will be so low that when step in and be average from day 1, you basically look superhuman.

It's easiest to take advantage of employees who are that hungry to climb/cutthroat.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a fan of politicking :hubie: , plus we're both dev leads so I ain't trying to have extra bullshyt on my plate
:russ: we know you just be trying to coast

shyt, that's what corporate wants you to do. Chances they just going to dump work on him with higher expectations :mjlol: :heh:

Bide your time, learn as much as possible from what they're doing/what they're doing wrong and when the company looks for someone else the job is yours if you want it. Their expectations will be so low that when step in and be average from day 1, you basically look superhuman.

It's easiest to take advantage of employees who are that hungry to climb/cutthroat.

:pachaha:I just started a new SWE job, I already see I'm about to dethrone some folks.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smugbiden:
Anytime a company starts massive belt tightening you know layoffs are soon to follow.
And most newbies and juniors are completely oblivious to what's about to happen. Thinking if I just work a little harder I won't get cut.
:mjlol:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I’m glad I’m tech adjacent and not having to try to hire oddball ass roles in staffing anymore. Consulting was a fkn GOD SEND in this climate. If the money is right next year (and there’s a need for hiring) I may return to corporate since the check and perks were fantastic, but being able to lay low a while and ride this bytch out has been so great!

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It's happening, just glacially slow. I'd be surprised if it becomes mainstream before the decade is out.
At that point China probably would’ve already set up 5g in Africa and South America by then, if they haven’t done it already

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Now that makes me think they no where near starting the 5g rollout for real

It's happening, just glacially slow. I'd be surprised if it becomes mainstream before the decade is out.
For some reason all these telecom companies aren't spending. I know a guy who owns a cell tower construction and maintenance business. Since last fall it has been SLOW and one of their biggest competitors folded for lack of work.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
For some reason all these telecom companies aren't spending. I know a guy who owns a cell tower construction and maintenance business. Since last fall it has been SLOW and one of their biggest competitors folded for lack of work.
I just don’t get it, all that shyt people was talking about semiconductors, 5g, and competing with others but yet they drag they feet at the time when the country needs to go hard with innovation and improvements

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
So, honest question: would you still encourage young Blacks to do IT/tech as a general STEM push still or tell them to hyper specialize to improve their marketability?

Go into health/medical professions. Or government. Two sectors least likely to be affected by the sea changes occurring in the economy right now

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So much for the infrastructure bill, people don’t even talk about it no more

That’s supposed to be the shyt that’s creating jobs
I'm willing to bet if we follow the paper trail a lot of that tax money starts making some very questionable divides where people are pocketing a lot more than they should be or lying how much certain things cost once they hit a company.

Additionally, even if a CEO's heart is in the right place there are probably a ton of lawyers, insurance companies, middle men, etc. who probably take large chunks at all levels so by the time the money gets to the people doing the actual work it's spread thin and not much to work with. I'm nearly positive plenty of money is drained by people not doing much of anything but overcharging.

There's simply no way that we spend as much money in taxes and have all these infrastructure bills saying what goes where to end up with the results we get. A lot of selfish people are in there at all levels taking much more than they deserve. Plus I'm sure you got people in finance at those same companies making more than their engineers. It's actually crazy how much better finance jobs have scaled with the market compared to STEM.

Last edited: