Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
UPS said they supposed to be laying off 12k,

it needs to be a rule in this country anytime unemployment is mentioned to make sure to include every detail cause it seems like it’s a favorite talking point when trying to spin the narrative on some shyt
Yeah, MFs including gig workers to skew them numbers.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It took me about 4 months to learn html/css/javascript.

But I realized, trying to be a web developer wasn’t it. I could freelance, but I already knew how to and built websites in the past. There are too many no code app builders. And this was before chatGTP blue up. I’m on to Python now. It’s easier to learn and the application possibilities are more appealing to be. I don’t have a data science degree, but machine learning and AI is the future. So I’m going to focus on that.

I built a program that automatically organizes my files. I also want to try to master algorithms and data structures.

Also, I see a lot of coders on YouTube trying to discourage people from jumping into that lane. Talking about AI and all of the layoffs. I think they’re doing it to discourage people from diluting to worker pool. But that’s just my opinion.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
NOBODY can get hired and every other day it’s massive layoffs but you telling me it’s record low unemployment :mjlol:
The US economy had a net gain of 340k jobs in January

Here’s the breakdown

107368222-1706882254395-azjLo-january-jobs-one-month-net-change.png

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You need money to do that.
You don’t need much. Time more than anything.

If you know how to map out the entire program you could do different parts, and pay other people to do sections. He’ll, you could use chatGTP to do some of it as well.

It really boils down to creativity.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
UPS said they supposed to be laying off 12k,

it needs to be a rule in this country anytime unemployment is mentioned to make sure to include every detail cause it seems like it’s a favorite talking point when trying to spin the narrative on some shyt
Those were seasonal jobs

Is this a conspiracy thread or something

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You don’t need much. Time more than anything.

If you know how to map out the entire program you could do different parts, and pay other people to do sections. He’ll, you could use chatGTP to do some of it as well.

It really boils down to creativity.
I have had a six figure business every year since 2020. This is a lie. You need time and money especially when starting a business.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The US economy had a net gain of 340k jobs in January

Here’s the breakdown

107368222-1706882254395-azjLo-january-jobs-one-month-net-change.png
I think dude maybe highlighting how theres bullsht on both sides of the "low unemployment" and "record layoffS" discussions. Its neith as bad or as good as they make it out to be :francis:

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, I’ve been immersed into learning to code and following the industry since last summer.

Long term instead of looking to be an employee, nikkas should be leveraging their skills into a business.

I already got several ideas for software projects and if I have to outsource coders to help so be it.

The industry as a whole is looking kinda grim. Everyone trying to land that 6 figure gig, but all you’re doing is helping other companies make millions.

Get back to us when you get to the part of the journey when you figure out how much money it is to host code on the internet, keep track of the infinite data and making sure that code is available worldwide with little downtime.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
It took me about 4 months to learn html/css/javascript.

But I realized, trying to be a web developer wasn’t it. I could freelance, but I already knew how to and built websites in the past. There are too many no code app builders. And this was before chatGTP blue up. I’m on to Python now. It’s easier to learn and the application possibilities are more appealing to be. I don’t have a data science degree, but machine learning and AI is the future. So I’m going to focus on that.

I built a program that automatically organizes my files. I also want to try to master algorithms and data structures.

Also, I see a lot of coders on YouTube trying to discourage people from jumping into that lane. Talking about AI and all of the layoffs. I think they’re doing it to discourage people from diluting to worker pool. But that’s just my opinion.

"web developer" is too generic... you gotta niche down like shopify theme/app developer

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
Get back to us when you get to the part of the journey when you figure out how much money it is to host code on the internet, keep track of the infinite data and making sure that code is available worldwide with little downtime.
Heroku is cheap my guy