Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

The comments here are good:

This guy is another hyped up CEO who is riding the wave which is created by smart people at the nonprofit he started. This is always the issue with these tech companies. A bunch of smart people work on a product but the fukking CEOs take the credit.
The guy has no background in AI, has no advanced education in AI.

His previous job was running a company that made an app that you could share your location with your friends.

He is a hype man.
I found this out during the dismissal debacle. I assumed, based on the reporting and “outrage”, that Altman was essentially the Wozniak or Gates of GPT. Nope. Just a glorified marketer.

That’s not to say he isn’t or wasn’t very influential in the success of the company, but it’s the same sort of successful retconning that Elon did with Tesla. You misdirect enough, toss out some bullshyt apocryphal anecdotes, and media will take it to the finish line.

He’ll be the darling underdog who “built the first version GPT in his parents’ basement” the way that people thought Elon actual built and designed electric cars.

That's why I think it's so funny people are basically putting all their eggs right into the A.I basket.
"Don't worry critical-to-our-success person, A.I will replace you!"
:mjlol: :pachaha:

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Any suggestions for finding a network engineer internship? Trying to help my cousin in college find something.
I'm probably look into SaaS, UCaaS and Telecom companies primarily the large number of small to mid-sized companies rather than Big Tech and FAANG.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So much for the infrastructure bill, people don’t even talk about it no more

That’s supposed to be the shyt that’s creating jobs
We have historically unemployment

No one thought jobs will be created immediately. It takes time for the money to cycle through

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
We have historically unemployment

No one thought jobs will be created immediately. It takes time for the money to cycle through
Well I guess Biden don’t want another term, not only is it no jobs but they behind schedule on shyt they supposed to build

Sounds like something they should’ve been on top of but go ahead and make excuses for them, hopefully for him, he wins votes off them excuses

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Well I guess Biden don’t want another term, not only is it no jobs but they behind schedule on shyt they supposed to build

Sounds like something they should’ve been on top of but go ahead and make excuses for them, hopefully for him, he wins votes off them excuses
I don’t know what you want to happen realistically.

This country has record low unemployment. You’re talking like we’re are in a recession

Looks like it’s working to me

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Honestly, I’ve been immersed into learning to code and following the industry since last summer.

Long term instead of looking to be an employee, nikkas should be leveraging their skills into a business.

I already got several ideas for software projects and if I have to outsource coders to help so be it.

The industry as a whole is looking kinda grim. Everyone trying to land that 6 figure gig, but all you’re doing is helping other companies make millions.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Honestly, I’ve been immersed into learning to code and following the industry since last summer.

Long term instead of looking to be an employee, nikkas should be leveraging their skills into a business.

I already got several ideas for software projects and if I have to outsource coders to help so be it.

The industry as a whole is looking kinda grim. Everyone trying to land that 6 figure gig, but all you’re doing is helping other companies make millions.
You need money to do that.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
NOBODY can get hired and every other day it’s massive layoffs but you telling me it’s record low unemployment :mjlol:
UPS said they supposed to be laying off 12k,

it needs to be a rule in this country anytime unemployment is mentioned to make sure to include every detail cause it seems like it’s a favorite talking point when trying to spin the narrative on some shyt