Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
When interests rates drop in the next couple of months hiring will pick up again. Hiring will probably not exceed the net losses but it will not look as bad.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I just started last month. Apply at Telus (US Rater) or Welocalize (Scout Search Quality Rater).

Welocalize pays more at 15/hr. I know that's not a lot but it's literally reading shyt like chatgpt prompts and deciding which is better. W2 job as well.
Curious if you know if they can do a w4 instead

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They looking for suckers. Most of these jobs are not paying but looking for top tier candidates.

I don't even take it personal on interviews. Always funny when they try to ask obscure technical questions. I literally tell them I don't know. Had one guy try to keep pushing for me to take a guess. I said nope we can move on to the next question. :russ:

They can tell when you are not pressed for the job.
I had a company want me to have these hours long discussions on cybersecurity. And another company that wanted me walk them through configuring firewalls and security applianced over zoom. I ain't configuring shyt for free and told them the job wasn't for me.

I'm not jumping through a bunch of hoops at this point in my career. If you can't tell I'm a good fit for the position based on my resume too fukkin bad.
:yeshrug:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
When interests rates drop in the next couple of months hiring will pick up again. Hiring will probably not exceed the net losses but it will not look as bad.
Interest rates dropping is a big if, didn’t dude say we looking at rate drops every three months or something

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Interest rates dropping is a big if, didn’t dude say we looking at rate drops every three months or something

supposedly inflation is cooling so many economists predict rates to steadily drop soon.

VC deals will pick up and these tech companies will have an uptick in hiring.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Towards the end of last year the markets were pricing in 6 rate cuts, now it seems more like 3 at best. Feds not supposed to cut rates 6 months prior to a presidential election as it can be seen as political. However they can cut a big one, say 1% in may. They’re hawkish in their stance.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
supposedly inflation is cooling so many economists predict rates to steadily drop soon.

VC deals will pick up and these tech companies will have an uptick in hiring.

Yea right into a recession. At least that’s what they’re saying.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
For how many hours a day? I always wondered what it paid.

I'm a early bird so it works for me.I work from home and was always waking up at 5am but I'd do nothing. So decided why not and signed up for uber.

So far avg like 45-50 every day and I just do in the morning for like 1 to 2 hours 5am to 7am, no traffic. Usually just people going to work or to the airport. And I stop as soon as there is a little traffic then wfh which is a stress free job.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smugbiden:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:smugbiden:

Whats weird is that the fed has already stopped raising interest rates , inflation is down, and the economy is booming. The big scary recession they were worried about never came. A fed soft landing was lowkey achieved.

There literally is no excuse for them to keep firing people other than pocketing their salaries for shareholders