Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Imhotep2

Superstar
Daps
Its the complete opposite here in the cleared world. These defense contractors are hiring like crazy. They can't outsource these jobs so no FOB Panjeets/Changs to worry about and there ain't enough cleared folks to replace these boomers. If you are in networking/cyber, an American citizen, and you have a clean record...come get this contractor money brehs:blessed:

Booz Allen/Leidos/Lockheed/GDIT/AWS Cleared/Rtx/etc. All have thousands of postings.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Its the complete opposite here in the cleared world. These defense contractors are hiring like crazy. They can't outsource these jobs so no FOB Panjeets/Changs to worry about and there ain't enough cleared folks to replace these boomers. If you are in networking/cyber, an American citizen, and you have a clean record...come get this contractor money brehs:blessed:

Booz Allen/Leidos/Lockheed/GDIT/AWS Cleared/Rtx/etc. All have thousands of postings.

How can I get cleared? I am in the DMV and have a lot of cyber security experience. I see tons of jobs.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What locations?
Obviously D.C, but any other locations

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps

How can I get cleared? I am in the DMV and have a lot of cyber security experience. I see tons of jobs.

Same question? How you get cleared? I think I've had my resume auto ejected a few times for not having one?

I asked a SWE at Lockheed what the time complexity of a merge sort is and he told me O(N), working with trash engineers like that I'd be a Director in no time.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same question? How you get cleared? I think I've had my resume auto ejected a few times for not having one?

I asked a SWE at Lockheed what the time complexity of a merge sort is and he told me O(N), working with trash engineers like that I'd be a Director in no time.
Pretty much you need the company that is hiring you to sponsor you for a clearance. With a lot of jobs being remote, if a job has been on the market for a long time and you are the only applying for it, they may give you a shot if accessing classified terminals is not required often. Another way, is to take a job with a gov contractor company that doesn’t require a clearance. After a while, ask them to sponsor you. I know GDIT had a few jobs like that. The easiest way is to join the military. Not Active Duty, but either the National Guard or Reserves and taking a cyber job. You’ll get a clearance, plus certain jobs will pay for Sec+ which is often a requirement for many jobs in government contracting. Linux and Cloud experience is in high demand right now as well.

Once you get a security clearance, the job market opens up a lot. If they bump you up to a higher clearance, you should be golden when it comes to finding jobs anywhere in the government world.

Take it from me, I only had a clearance and security + when I applied to my current job. No real IT experience, and I got hired for a good paying job first try.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much you need the company that is hiring you to sponsor you for a clearance. With a lot of jobs being remote, if a job has been on the market for a long time and you are the only applying for it, they may give you a shot if accessing classified terminals is not required often. Another way, is to take a job with a gov contractor company that doesn’t require a clearance. After a while, ask them to sponsor you. I know GDIT had a few jobs like that. The easiest way is to join the military. Not Active Duty, but either the National Guard or Reserves and taking a cyber job. You’ll get a clearance, plus certain jobs will pay for Sec+ which is often a requirement for many jobs in government contracting. Linux and Cloud experience is in high demand right now as well.

Once you get a security clearance, the job market opens up a lot. If they bump you up to a higher clearance, you should be golden when it comes to finding jobs anywhere in the government world.

Take it from me, I only had a clearance and security + when I applied to my current job. No real IT experience, and I got hired for a good paying job first try.
Did you go on clearance jobs to apply for your current job?