Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

jesc07

Pro
Daps
Just saw Google is terminating that contract with Appen. I'm not sure if anyone here works part time as a search engine rater/or ads rater. It's the perfect wfh side gig so I hope they don't terminate their contract w/ the other two companies

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just saw Google is terminating that contract with Appen. I'm not sure if anyone here works part time as a search engine rater/or ads rater. It's the perfect wfh side gig so I hope they don't terminate their contract w/ the other two companies
Google is not fukking around.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I am a Senior Software Engineer bozo :mjlol: .

Maybe if you're used to less :picard: .

@ReggieFlare Leave it to Ignorant nikkas in a thread about pervasive layoffs to attempt to bash 130k minimum salary(which is the low end of the pay band...so you can assume we have a top end :mjlol: ) + 2 bonuses a year and stock options

Oh and you working on all leading tech for e-commerce

Straight goofballs

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps

You have any experience doing it?

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Companies crying about lack of talent but having a billion interviews.
They looking for suckers. Most of these jobs are not paying but looking for top tier candidates.

I don't even take it personal on interviews. Always funny when they try to ask obscure technical questions. I literally tell them I don't know. Had one guy try to keep pushing for me to take a guess. I said nope we can move on to the next question. :russ:

They can tell when you are not pressed for the job.

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Yeah, I just started last month. Apply at Telus (US Rater) or Welocalize (Scout Search Quality Rater).

Welocalize pays more at 15/hr. I know that's not a lot but it's literally reading shyt like chatgpt prompts and deciding which is better. W2 job as well.

Thanks fam. I’m a SysAdmin but I have a lot of downtime so something like that will definitely be helpful.