Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Brehs Im finally OE :smoker: :banderas:

Days off of making a plea for my first charge. Having serious doubts about being able to support myself and my kids

1. It took about 2 months (almost) for Lazyapply to pay off, but it FINALLY paid off, as I was able to use my free time more fruitfully rather than tailor and run through each individual resume, but very much worth the 130 I paid for it.
2. It helps me get used to KNOWING what im going to look forward to with interviews. In tech there are only 4 or 5 different types of interviews and frankly only 2 styles really appeals to me. Those are the interviews for which I centralize my mental bandwidth for.
3. Brand new year. For anyone who has went through the struggle of trying to get hired after Oct 31st in any given year, I PROMISE you that now we are approaching February, better times are ahead.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm at that point where my mind is shifting to minimalism eliminate all debt then retire and from there I will start a family.

I see why dudes die early dealing with work stress managing a family and tryna keep marriage in sync
Some men don’t complain. They call it stoicism. So the unintentional users around them dont notice the gradual but active depletion of life in them. Until it’s too late.

I salute the folks out there planning and having entire families during these times.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. And also why “verification” needs to be a thing if not here on a platform — like discord — where everyone who wants in will show themselves on video in real time. Show a current coli thread on their device for all to see and say their screen name in order to get in. We got too many real discussions being had/or need to be had and things are wide open for all to see.

Ball is in your court to kick it off. Ain’t nothing to start a discord channel. I’m sure people would support it.
Discord is a platform you don’t own. They can crash your castle for whatever reason because it is built and managed on their virtual land.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
You use your number on Lazyapply? I see they support Dice and till this day I get spammed from Dice folks who have access to a resume from over a decade ago
Yes I used my number, you get to choose which platforms you apply on so just avoid Dice and you’re good.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Brehs Im finally OE :smoker: :banderas:

Days off of making a plea for my first charge. Having serious doubts about being able to support myself and my kids

1. It took about 2 months (almost) for Lazyapply to pay off, but it FINALLY paid off, as I was able to use my free time more fruitfully rather than tailor and run through each individual resume, but very much worth the 130 I paid for it.
2. It helps me get used to KNOWING what im going to look forward to with interviews. In tech there are only 4 or 5 different types of interviews and frankly only 2 styles really appeals to me. Those are the interviews for which I centralize my mental bandwidth for.
3. Brand new year. For anyone who has went through the struggle of trying to get hired after Oct 31st in any given year, I PROMISE you that now we are approaching February, better times are ahead.
Another convert, welcome! Lazyapply really works, people are just hard headed :ufdup:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Agreed. And also why “verification” needs to be a thing if not here on a platform — like discord — where everyone who wants in will show themselves on video in real time. Show a current coli thread on their device for all to see and say their screen name in order to get in. We got too many real discussions being had/or need to be had and things are wide open for all to see.

Ball is in your court to kick it off. Ain’t nothing to start a discord channel. I’m sure people would support it.
I’ll start a PM with the folks who dapped and share a link

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yes I used my number, you get to choose which platforms you apply on so just avoid Dice and you’re good.
I assume you did the Mid plan and not the most expensive? I also read about peoples linkedin getting flagged from spamming easy apply, you see any issues?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I assume you did the Mid plan and not the most expensive? I also read about peoples linkedin getting flagged from spamming easy apply, you see any issues?
I got a discount on the top tier plan after asking some Indian for a code on their chat. And no my profile wasn’t flagged ever. I sent out easily like 10,000 applications between 4 boards. What you do is rotate each day and not sit on LinkedIn the entire week which is what others probably did.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Haven't read this, but seems to be interesting:

I definitely don't 100% agree with this being due to Elon as massive lay-offs were occurring prior to run taking over Twitter and re-orging though.

Tech grew really fast compared to those other sectors, however, as life imitates nature we're just seeing a return to balance/conservation. You can't get something out of nothing as it's not sustainable.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
It’s getting spooky out here. I know my time might come though no signals of it currently. Just stacking my bread and funneling my excess income to other passive investments.

Fam will be straight for YEARS if I get laid off, might use that opportunity to start my own thing if it comes to that.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It’s getting spooky out here. I know my time might come though no signals of it currently. Just stacking my bread and funneling my excess income to other passive investments.

Fam will be straight for YEARS if I get laid off, might use that opportunity to start my own thing if it comes to that.
In both my current and old jobs outside of just the layoffs both have gone through they had A LOT of early retirements. That's the only thing that has me feeling somewhat comfortable is that we lost a lot of the long timers who had a lot of knowledge, so it'll be hard to to remove any of us SMEs that are left.

What's fukked up is the day before Thanksgiving the CEO at the old company had a manager's meeting. Everybody was expecting the typical rah-rah speech and to send everyone into the holiday with a positive speech. This MF straight up told them that the company has an initiative to remove inefficiencies and are planning to reduce staff in all departments and is changing the review system to be a bell curve where every manager is forced to give a negative review to a certain percentage of their staff.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Start dipping your toes into the water. I’ve been looking into starting a vending machine business with all this RTO and machines being fairly cheap and inexpensive to maintain.