Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
You're saying you got 3 amazon interviews and failed them all?
Yea the interviews are hard, that's a whole other topic, but at least GETTING the interview is a huge hurdle in itself for some people
It seems like once you get in the pipeline it's way easier to get more chances, for instance google usually gives you a direct contact to contact after the cool down period if you fail.
Yeah. Caveat on the first as it was a college grad interview, however the other two I had a year or two under my belt and was applying every couple of months. Gotta make sure that you keep your profile in shape in their system. I don't think I've had real success directly applying to a role, but from a recruiter directly reaching out asking if I want to start the process.

As far as the interviews themselves, I'll be the first one to raise my hand and say even though I talk big game and do good shyt, I can't do coding problems to save my life. So I want everybody to be better than me and stay sharp on that.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
A lot of these big companies are headed by Indian CEOs and their loyalty is to their country first and foremost. most of the tech departments at big companies are 80% Indian and the vast majority of the off-shoring is going over there as well.
I dont think people realize how many tech jobs are being shipped there. I used to think people were being xenophobic, but that shyt really happening lol.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I dont think people realize how many tech jobs are being shipped there. I used to think people were being xenophobic, but that shyt really happening lol.

Information technology is the most outsourced industry and business division. The average IT department allocates 13.6% of its budget to offshored roles, and roughly 37% of IT tasks are outsourced.Apr 12, 2023

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yup.

shyt, even hardware jobs/research are basically being shipped to China/Singapore/Korea/Taiwan which is why we have far fewer sites or slower growth stateside than the early 2000's and 90's.

Hopefully with the new lithium mine they discovered in Nevada recently we can do more work in-country.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@Spence These reviews looking kinda ehh for the lazyapply free version. Whats the diferrence in it and the paid version?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yup.

shyt, even hardware jobs/research are basically being shipped to China/Singapore/Korea/Taiwan which is why we have far fewer sites or slower growth stateside than the early 2000's and 90's.

Hopefully with the new lithium mine they discovered in Nevada recently we can do more work in-country.
I doubt it. There's a big push in the silicon valley and Austin tech circles of moving even more roles to India. Take a look at Chamath's rhetoric and the meeting between Modi/Biden. Biden promised Modi more:

On top of that teams are downsizing because they can "be more productive" with AI. There's also a push by right wingers to go after government jobs so even those might see the same effect (downsizing).