Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:ehh:
It's fukked up but I read shyt like this and wish my company was a little more like Amazon lol. With us we miss every deadline, nothing gets finished, constantly shifting priorities, every six months or a year a whole new initiative for how things are getting done. As much as I consider myself slacking there are people that have been in my position for years longer than me who know way less.

We just had a bunch of layoffs but none of the executives overseeing the departments suffered any consequences and just saw a few just got fat raises.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Bout to grind and stack up all these holiday sales in the coming weeks cause I know after that shyt gonna get DRYYYYYY AF come Q1

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
When the truth don’t work…

Start telling lies :skip:

Bout to change this self employed/business gap to Freelance IT Consulting :mjlol:

Do it, me and friend started up a share economy website/company that lasted for 2 years. We both put it on our resumes, he’s a VP now and it got me my highest paying job ever.

It was just us but we lied our ass off saying we we’re running with a team of SWEs.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
What city you in? I can recommend some trade schools to you. I'm an electrician, have been for 10 years. I always say it's the best decision I ever made saying fukk college and just going the trade route.
Canada man :francis:

But thank you tho

Golstrag

Rookie
Daps

Add Being Ghosted to the Challenges Facing People of Color Seeking a New Job​

Black, Hispanic people and other minorities are more likely to hear nothing after interviews than White candidates

Had this happen a few times to me in the last few months
Glad to see some confirmation here. This has happened to me a few times, and I've never had any challenges interviewing or securing employment the way I have this year.

Just graduated with my Masters this past weekend and I will take my CISSP exam Friday. Always going to put in the extra work and stack the deck in my family's favor.

I hate that it is that way for us, I really do...