Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Daps
Reppin
Jersey
what do i do brehs....im taking a nanodegree course on Udacity rn for becoming a data analyst. With the end goal of becoming a data engineer. With the way things are shaping up is this still a solid path? Realistically i dont want to keep this role forever just maybe for the next 5-7 years to save up enough to fund the businesses that i want to open. Is it worth it? I really cant waste time if the end result is me not even being able to find a job....Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I just wanna make some bank like the 6figure brehs :sadcam:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what do i do brehs....im taking a nanodegree course on Udacity rn for becoming a data analyst. With the end goal of becoming a data engineer. With the way things are shaping up is this still a solid path? Realistically i dont want to keep this role forever just maybe for the next 5-7 years to save up enough to fund the businesses that i want to open. Is it worth it? I really cant waste time if the end result is me not even being able to find a job....Any advice is greatly appreciated.
You should've jumped on the cybersecurity bandwagon before the wheels fell off.
:pachaha:
Easiest path to 6 figures ever. Only scammers get bread this fast.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you do start making big bank make sure u save like your life depends on it. Cuz it does. Don’t listen to these folks talking about there will always be blah blah blah jobs. Assume there won’t be. Act accordingly. And if you’re going to be doing data analysis learn at least two programming languages and master them. You will need to be proficient in those languages if you’re to control, dissect and analysis data in a useful way.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
One of the first jobs that will be hit by AI.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
You should've jumped on the cybersecurity bandwagon before the wheels fell off.
:pachaha:
Easiest path to 6 figures ever. Only scammers get bread this fast.
Cybersecurity train already left? damn, for some reason the carreer counselor here keeps saying that cybersecurity field will grow due to AI

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm actually finishing up an Electrical Engineering degree right now and already have a CS degree, but even then, entry level is difficult to break into for hardware.

Plus the remote work options are far less which sucks. I mean if you need a homelab to work remote, that still ain't as flexible as only needing a laptop to do 100% of the work from any location in the world (now with all the smart goggles you can take a multi-monitor set-up on the go). Plus many job sites for hardware are only in specific locations as well which kills more options. I'm over that in-office shyt so already there are fewer jobs available for that field that'd I'd want to work already.

Additionally, to be honest hardware don't pay as high as pure software does for most cases. I met a few embedded cats making $150k-$200k (I spend some time in San Diego so Qualcomm is right there), but I met a software cat a couple months back making $700k (and fully remote). I'm sure they're out there, but I see it far less common for normal hardware engineers to be raking that in consistently. I know of another Front End engineer making over $500k working for a non-tech company.

All this together means someone can get a high-paying job and live somewhere with LCOL doing pure software, whereas many hardware fields are stuck with HCOL options. I know you can get pure software roles with other degrees, but it's still harder than having a CS degree. It still feels like electrical and hardware still carries dinosaur work culture with it. So working that field is kind of tough as you're in-between two points: either competing with CS majors for software roles or having to fall back to doing work in dinosaur culture. Every now and then you can land a gem like a remote hardware job with a forward-thinking company, but that's far from the standard like software is.

Plus a lot of the cutting edge hardware is really done by the PhD Physics researchers really. They probably got the most secure jobs which is funny considering how limiting only having a BS Physics is.
The bolded is very true lmfao. Also, I was mostly referring to SWE jobs that are niche, like embedded development. I'm not talking about being a hardware guy, just know about hardware and have a SWE jobs that requires you to know about hardware.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cybersecurity train already left? damn, for some reason the carreer counselor here keeps saying that cybersecurity field will grow due to AI
Salaries have plateaued and companies aren't willing to negotiate anymore. They've got hundreds of thousands of desperate applicants to choose from now.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Salaries have plateaued and companies aren't willing to negotiate anymore. They've got hundreds of thousands of desperate applicants to choose from now.
Damn... of course lol. Smh. I got a couple of months until i get out as an LT. Kind of want to put my Comp E. degree. Was hoping that Cyber would be an easy lock.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
If corporations get to spam us with fake job postings, it’s only fair we get to turn the tables. You get up to 750 applications sent per day and you can spread that number between all the job boards Lazyapply has (indeed, LinkedIn, monster, Ziprecruiter, Glassdoor, dice etc). It takes the easy/instant apply jobs only though but it’s fully automated. Just aim it, set parameters like remote only or hybrid etc, then let it rip. I couldn’t be happier. You have to know a little Boolean to make it work correctly but it’s easy.

The companies that you really want to apply for that aren’t instant/easy apply it also pre fills app info once you click the chrome extension so even that is sped it and makes it much less of a fkn drag.

I literally had 3 days of back to backs solid then the following week a day of second rounds that led to several finals.

USE IT

Good looks.

I’m already good at my gig but it’s time to turn it up a notch and get another job and do both at the same time. I’m gonna use lazyapply tonight