Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Personal experience: been getting hit up a lot lately and I haven't even turned on my "seeking new opportunities" flag.

The last one who I had a conversation with asked if I knew anybody looking for a new role because they have a lot of companies looking for software engineers right now.

I gave them a reference because I'm trying to get somebody on but they told me they're not looking for entry-level.

So it sounds like a lot of companies are trying to get back talent they let go, but they're kind of screwed because the people they let go got hired somewhere else.

Some people are going to be in deep shyt for pointing out who'd be "ok" to lay off only to find out how critical they were and now can't get them back.
It's always a mistake to fire intelligence and tech folks. We are always doing a lot more than we should and keeping shyt flowing

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I missed this little nugget earlier.

'These new layoffs are in addition to the 10,000 from January, a spokesperson said".

"LinkedIn is now ramping up hiring in India, according to the person familiar with the matter".

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea, its rough. There are gangs of people not getting interviews. Ive gotten interviews for 6/9 positions I applied to this year, and was a finalist in 4, and didnt get the job. A few people I know are in that same lucky group: we get interviews but cant close the deal.

Better than being the folks who get no response, but it is a sign of the times.

Last edited:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Yea, its rough. There are gamgs of people not getting interviews. Ive gotten interviews for 6/9 positions I applied to this year, and was a finalist in 4, and didnt get the job. A few people I know are in that same lucky group: we get interviews but cant close the deal.

Better than being the folks who get no response, but it is a sign of the times.
This where I'm at. I get interviews but they are picky af rn

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Competition is insane
Was part of today’s mass lay-off.
….this is why I OE
Can’t find a 2nd remote. One salary even @ $150k isn’t enough to truly move the needle. I’m burnt out from applications and interviews. Since the layoff I applied to at least 700 jobs.

6 final round interviews. 0 offers so far. 4 out of the 6 companies offered feed back mentioning I was a great candidate.

RevOps - Consulting, Project Management, Program Management, Customer Success, IT Business Operations roles.
W/Salesforce Sales Cloud, CPQ, NetSuite ERP, Oracle Cloud, Oracle EBS experience. Solid finance, accounting, supply chain, and manufacturing experience.

We really in a tech recession

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Competition is insane

Can’t find a 2nd remote. One salary even @ $150k isn’t enough to truly move the needle. I’m burnt out from applications and interviews. Since the layoff I applied to at least 700 jobs.

6 final round interviews. 0 offers so far. 4 out of the 6 companies offered feed back mentioning I was a great candidate.

RevOps - Consulting, Project Management, Program Management, Customer Success, IT Business Operations roles.
W/Salesforce Sales Cloud, CPQ, NetSuite ERP, Oracle Cloud, Oracle EBS experience. Solid finance, accounting, supply chain, and manufacturing experience.

Lazy Apply, pay the $100 and thank me later. I got interview burn out having to talk about myself so much.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Competition is insane

When was your layoff? I have not applied to nearly as much though I was passively looking for 1 1/2 years, receiving mostly "no-reply emails" and only one offer last year at a low-ball price (as a CSM). I don't have as much skills/experience as you so yea, if you are struggling I can see my immediate roadmap.
Lazy Apply, pay the $100 and thank me later. I got interview burn out having to talk about myself so much.

How long did it take you to get a new job? And were you matched correctly? Most site, especially Indeed, is trash. I type in the position and experience level, and what do you know, I am NOT a Director but get those and others senior positions, even out of state (and not remote).

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Competition is insane

Bruh I’m in the same boat as you and that shyt is hella competitive, especially ERP. Also this is the worst season to apply as well too because MBAs are applying as well.

I finally got something after 4 months, I’m only doing it for a year then I’m out. It’s better to have something than nothing, don’t be tethered to that 150k in this economy.

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
When was your layoff? I have not applied to nearly as much though I was passively looking for 1 1/2 years, receiving mostly "no-reply emails" and only one offer last year at a low-ball price (as a CSM). I don't have as much skills/experience as you so yea, if you are struggling I can see my immediate roadmap.

How long did it take you to get a new job? And were you matched correctly? Most site, especially Indeed, is trash. I type in the position and experience level, and what do you know, I am NOT a Director but get those and others senior positions, even out of state (and not remote).
28 days from layoff to offers plural. Had I applied myself further it would’ve been quicker. I took it easy first 2 weeks and was doing it manually, found lazy apply and sent out 600ish apps per day for a week straight to the point I had to turn it off because I had TOO many interviews.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Tell me more…. :ohhh:
If corporations get to spam us with fake job postings, it’s only fair we get to turn the tables. You get up to 750 applications sent per day and you can spread that number between all the job boards Lazyapply has (indeed, LinkedIn, monster, Ziprecruiter, Glassdoor, dice etc). It takes the easy/instant apply jobs only though but it’s fully automated. Just aim it, set parameters like remote only or hybrid etc, then let it rip. I couldn’t be happier. You have to know a little Boolean to make it work correctly but it’s easy.

The companies that you really want to apply for that aren’t instant/easy apply it also pre fills app info once you click the chrome extension so even that is sped it and makes it much less of a fkn drag.

I literally had 3 days of back to backs solid then the following week a day of second rounds that led to several finals.

USE IT