Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Yup . Seeing a lot of recruiters reaching out. Job openings popping back up everywhere

For SWEs yeah, but Program Managers and Marketing tech roles are fukkin dry. 2000 applicants for one role :why:

I don’t know what these news sites are talking bout, competition is fukkin crazy. Homeboy is a VP of tech and no one is replying back to him.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
For SWEs yeah, but Program Managers and Marketing tech roles are fukkin dry. 2000 applicants for one role :why:

I don’t know what these news sites are talking bout, competition is fukkin crazy. Homeboy is a VP of tech and no one is replying back to him.
Welcome to our world :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I posted earlier that our company is basically about to have lay-offs. We were acquired and the acquiring company basically has an app that shyts on our's.

They basically want our customers and that's it: acquired to buy-out competition and will cut other teams that had nothing to do with their app.
CEO basically confirmed it and gave a warning that there were going to be changes out of convenience.

So of course:
Some sales/product person (probably at risk of getting cut) complaining right now about a bug on the worse app talking about "our customers".
Like bruh, this feature/app isn't even going to be around come next year :mjlol: :heh:

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I posted earlier that our company is basically about to have lay-offs. We were acquired and the acquiring company basically has an app that shyts on our's.

They basically want our customers and that's it: acquired to buy-out competition and will cut other teams that had nothing to do with their app.
CEO basically confirmed it and gave a warning that there were going to be changes out of convenience.

So of course:
Some sales/product person (probably at risk of getting cut) complaining right now about a bug on the worse app talking about "our customers".
Like bruh, this feature/app isn't even going to be around come next year :mjlol: :heh:
Yeah they’re about to do what’s called a mothballing where they just close the doors on the app and let it sit dormant even if it might be useful.