Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps

:russ:
Don’t nobody want NONE of that shyt :mjlol:

I remember early during the pandemic when offices were trying to reopen and guilt trip employees by saying those showing up were enjoying getting free snacks and pizza parties :pachaha:

and that bytch was still empty with only a handful who hated their families or home lives ever showed up according to reports months later :dead:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Yup . Seeing a lot of recruiters reaching out. Job openings popping back up everywhere

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Don’t nobody want NONE of that shyt :mjlol:

I remember early during the pandemic when offices were trying to reopen and guilt trip employees by saying those showing up were enjoying getting free snacks and pizza parties :pachaha:

and that bytch was still empty with only a handful who hated their families or home lives ever showed up according to reports months later :dead:
They should turn the building into employee living quarters with free rent. That would be the only way to get people back in the office :dead:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I want to hate but I can see this being very useful for certain groups of people
Yeah, I think it's be dope for collaboration and brainstorming.

When people are drawing out diagrams on a whiteboard, blueprints, etc. you can ask ChatGPT Vision to analyze and come up with something.

It's like being as smart as everyone else in that room really.

Last edited:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been seeing a few more back to back layoffs in my network on linkedin. Just people saying they been laid off. These are smaller tech companies.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Personal experience: been getting hit up a lot lately and I haven't even turned on my "seeking new opportunities" flag.

The last one who I had a conversation with asked if I knew anybody looking for a new role because they have a lot of companies looking for software engineers right now.

I gave them a reference because I'm trying to get somebody on but they told me they're not looking for entry-level.

So it sounds like a lot of companies are trying to get back talent they let go, but they're kind of screwed because the people they let go got hired somewhere else.

Some people are going to be in deep shyt for pointing out who'd be "ok" to lay off only to find out how critical they were and now can't get them back.

Last edited: