Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Machines will be far more effective at threat detection and prevention than any human could ever be. Also understand that AI will also be used as a tool to locate vulnerabilities and initiate attacks in the first place.

What do you do in IT? If you were in cybersecurity, you would know both scenarios are already occurring at a high level.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Over my ass people my LinkedIn feed is still filled with that badge of shame, “open to work” on my feed. Even my friend who recently became a VP said that recruiters aren’t hitting him up like they did last year.
Wait... That's a badge of shame :mjcry:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
What do you do in IT? If you were in cybersecurity, you would know both scenarios are already occurring at a high level.
I have a B2B company in DC developing custom solutions for internal use.

Edit: :skip: And why the aggressive tone? "If I was... I would know". I do know nikka. I was trying have a friendly discussion without coming off like a combative know-it-all. Take notes.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I said. In due time. Machines will be far more effective at threat detection and prevention than any human could ever be. Also understand that AI will also be used as a tool to locate vulnerabilities and initiate attacks in the first place. AI is an arms race. It's a wrap friend. Within the next decade, all tech jobs that aren't machine learning focused will be phased out. Engineering will be hit hard as well. Humans won't be able to compete with AI in designing structures or electrical circuits for instance.
Folks need to stop thinking anything is impossible at this point. With enough motivation and time, almost anything can be automated.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I have a B2B company in DC developing custom solutions for internal use.

Edit: :skip: And why the aggressive tone? "If I was... I would know". I do know nikka. I was trying have a friendly discussion without coming off like a combative know-it-all. Take notes.

Thank you for answering my question. It all makes sense.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
yeah lotta folks being forced to relocate to a hub city or resign. I think its 3 day RTO not 5. And this is even for folks who were considered remote before.

It’s 5 days starting Feb 24th breh, those SWEs on blind are having meltdowns. That’s only thing I know about Amazon going on, no doubt my company will follow suit.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It’s 5 days starting Feb 24th breh, those SWEs on blind are having meltdowns. That’s only thing I know about Amazon going on, no doubt my company will follow suit.

well damn. Hopefully others don't follow suit. I know Google was on some bullshyt when I interviewed thus I pulled out. Amazon dropped all that bread on Offices so they prob like fukk it, and with Gen AI being so hot in the streets feel they can afford to deal with lesser talent (because they will just hire at discount folks who never would have made it into big tech).

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Over my ass people my LinkedIn feed is still filled with that badge of shame, “open to work” on my feed. Even my friend who recently became a VP said that recruiters aren’t hitting him up like they did last year.
I haven't really checked my personal gmail in like a month and I got over 1000 emails from various recruiters hitting me up for contracts. Even at the height of the "tech layoff" I was still getting flooded with calls, texts, voicemails, and emails from recruiters :manny: